• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

The store has Disney, Marvel and Pixar!!!!

You know I thought more about this. While my initial reaction was in line with Donnie's, I now think there must be more- it wouldn't make sense if this is all of it. And we know an update for the Premiere owners is coming. I've been a Kaleidescape customer for a long time. Since 2006 maybe? In that time I've never seen the company do something truly boneheaded like this would appear right now. I don't know what they will do but I can't believe they will leave things like this for too long.

So lets see what happens.

It's been a month now. Any update on the status of Disney movies on K?

Still missing DMA support, bonus feature, and movies.

Personally, I am extremely interested in whether or not Disney will allow digital copies to be downloaded. I plan on attaching my disney movies anywhere account or whatever its called and downloading the digital copies I paid for as part of my original purchase. I expect that they will allow the same bluray quality as the disks, like the ultraviolet titles because, after all- this is what we paid for when we purchased the titles in stores. And going forward, I will be happy to buy Disney titles through the K store if I can download the digital titles in the Disney anywhere app as well. This is the way it works with Google play, iTunes, and the disney anywhere app. It should work the same way here.

I can understand if they do not want to do Disk-to-Digital for a lower price. It is completely conceivable that people could have their friend bring over a stack of blurays and use them to get the disk-to-digital discount. But as for being able to download a bit-perfect bluray-quality copy of every disney movie in my Disney Anywhere account- I do expect that to work.

Has anyone heard when DVD versions will be added on Disney titles? So far I am not seeing any.

John

That's great news that DMA is continuing to add more providers. Hopefully K will be added soon.

Back