• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

The store has Disney, Marvel and Pixar!!!!

Availability

Disney content is currently available for Kaleidescape Alto customers........

Great........

Wow!! Very exciting news! A couple questions and concerns though:

• Very disappointed that so few movies have bonus features. Hopefully they'll be adding more. I love bonus features and they are one of my main hold-ups for going completely digital. Particularly, on the Marvel movies, only one of the Shorts are available.
  • Does Kaleidescape now support Disney Movies Anywhere, just like they support UltraViolet?
  • Many movies are missing. The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL-E, Monsters University, and others. Also, Return of the Jedi doesn't appear to be available. I understand that A New Hope may not appear because of licensing with 20th Century Fox, but don't understand RotJ.

Wonderful news. Hopefully they're not finished adding content.

Last edited:
Did not see the ALto only thing until you try and buy a movie. That is nonsense. It also shows that all of the content I would want to upgrade is full price and Alto only....this sucks. They only want the Alto clients

Did not see the ALto only thing until you try and buy a movie. That is nonsense. It also shows that all of the content I would want to upgrade is full price and Alto only....this sucks. They only want the Alto clients

+1 it sucks big time....

On top of this: Haven't seen many movies priced at 14.97 recently... + American Sniper can be dowloaded only to TWO systems and not five and no more collections on sale......:mad:

Any comments from a K representative ??

Here's what the website says:
"In addition to such technical limitations, each title offered for sale on the Kaleidescape Movie Store is licensed from a content rights owner and comes with terms and conditions to which Kaleidescape must conform. The content rights owner may place a limitation on which Kaleidescape products are eligible to store and play back the title. For example, storage and playback of Disney content is currently limited to our newest movie player — the Kaleidescape Alto. However, we plan to release an update to kOS in July of 2015 that will enable our Premiere line and Cinema One customers to purchase and enjoy the Disney movies on our Movie Store. When that update is ready, those customers will receive an email announcement, including associated terms and conditions as may be required."

So that's apparently coming. That said, if the currently absent disc-to-digital option doesn't come with it, and if we're unable to use our existing digital copies, this looks like a pretty useless deal.

I believe there will be a software update in July for Premier line. I'll try to find the link on website.

Relax guys, K was able to work out an option for Premiere system access as well. This is coming in a KEAOS update by early July. Additional details will be coming soon.

Jim

Yay! Now make it right and get all the titles up, get special features, and allow DMA account linking. Without that, especially DMA, this is weak. We have just about every Disney movie already on BD. Not buying again at the same quality.

Last edited:
Thanks Jim for the clarification. What's another couple months!

Wait- under my DVD copies of Star Wars it says digital offer- bluray copy $23.99... I have the premiere line. Will it not work even if I just bought it now?

I'm very disappointed, like Lionsgate, there is only one language : English only ! No subtitles. What about people who wants to ear movies in others languages. With Sony or Warner, you can choose! Please Kal, do something !!!

I will go home and add all these new movies for which I have discs to my digital collection. I with they release Bond Movies as well in K Store.

Cheers

Any reason why the Alto was the only option? What does the Alto have that premier players don't

Wait- under my DVD copies of Star Wars it says digital offer- bluray copy $23.99... I have the premiere line. Will it not work even if I just bought it now?

No, it won't work unless you have an Alto.

Back