• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Store "Hole" Feedback

Would love to see HD version of “Twins” add to store Shout factory recently release new Blu-ray copy.

Would love to see the movie “Bedazzled” added to store...

was wanting to purchase a Blu-ray copy and it is OOP and going for $90+ on eBay...

Hahaha. That's nuts... although I did pay $100 for a Scissor Sisters normal LP just for the cover as it was out of print, but still. Nuts, and I know I am nuts, that is proven LOL.

Added today post #12 updated

Another disc removed from my vault!

So what's been going on with titles hitting disc and not hitting K? I'm still waiting on Lawrence of Arabia in HDR, when did that come out on disc? Mask of Zorro, Saving Private Ryan....and more recently Super 8, Last Action Hero, In the Line of Fire, Smokey and the Bandit, Big Fish, and They Live are just some more of the recent releases I've been seeing on disc and no sign of them on K. Great to see most of the BIG titles hit, but with most of these titles being big studio releases (major studios, not indie labels), I'm wondering why we are not seeing them hit the same time as disc and other digital service providers.

I have the same question. I expected to have LoA in HDR a long time ago. When I enquired about it K said it was being worked. It’s been months now.

It would be nice to get an update from K on these.

John

Not sure if this goes here, but this is my Wish List:

3 Days of The Condor (Paramount 1975)
Alfred Hitchcock Presents-Season 5
The Abyss (James Cameron)
Beyond the Lights (Relativity Studios, 20th Century Fox 2017)
Bottle Shock (20th Century Fox 2008)
Brubaker (20th Century Fox 1980)
The Crimson Rivers (Jean Reno, Oct 2001)
Gifted Hands (2009 Sony Pictures)
Infidel (2019) Jim Caviezel
The Infiltrator (Bryan Cranston 2015 - Good Films Productions)
The Intouchables (Sony Pictures 2015)
K19 The Widowmaker (2002 Paramount Pictures & IMF International)
Line of Duty (Aaron Eckhart 2019 - Saban Films, Lionsgate)
Miss Sloan (Canal 2016)
Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999 - TNT & WB)
Ransom (Touchstone 1996)
Something the Lord Made (2004 HBO)
TransSiberian (Canal 2008)
True Lies (1984 Lightstorm Entertainment and 20th Century Fox)
Vera Drake (2004, Studio-Canal)
What’s Love Got To Do With It (Touchstone 1993)
The Whistlers (Magnolia 2019, Romania)
The Wolf’s Call (2019 French thriller)

My kids had asked about watching the Transformers movies recently. Noticed that most of those are not in Atmos, yet the disc releases are. Only the last movie shows Atmos on K.

My kids had asked about watching the Transformers movies recently. Noticed that most of those are not in Atmos, yet the disc releases are. Only the last movie shows Atmos on K.

Yip another huge omission, along with Saving Private Ryan. Think the last 2 are Atmos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 TV Series)

Seasons 1,8,9,and 10 are in the store, but 2-7 are missing.

Hello. I'd like begin another data feedback project. This one involves existing content in the store.

What I'm looking to identify and compile is "holes" in the store. I'm defining a "hole" as something like the following:

- A movie is missing from a series or collection
- A major movie from a supported studio is missing
- A movie in a series is only SD when a Blu-ray is available or HD when a 4k Blu-ray is available
- A movie has had a remastered or re-encoded release, but the store appears to have older assets
- Identifying other oversights, missing, or stale elements

Details are helpful. Adding a link to the entry in the web store, if pertinent, is also helpful.

I am NOT looking for suggestions for new studios in this thread. I am also NOT looking for a list of titles needing immersive audio codec upgrade. That's well known and being handled.

Reply here with your feedback please. Thanks!
Hello
I'd like to see some of the films from the 80's such as:
Hot Pursuit (John Cusack) - digital copy exists already in VUDU, etc.
The Sure Thing (John Cusack)
Class (Andrew McCarthy)
Zapped (Scott Baio)
Zoom (Tim Allen)

Thanks

Just noticed both American Werewolf movies are missing. London has been mentioned ( NBC universal), not sure which studio Paris is

Kevin D.

The Transformers animated '86 movie is missing. Hopefully coming back in 4k. It was there in HD for a while. I own it and it's gone from my collection too.

I know we have Twentieth Century in the Store. I am assuming Twentieth Century = 20th Century Fox? I would love to see True Lies.

Back