• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Store "Hole" Feedback

I think Gemini Man only has the 24fps version. I have the 60fps version on 4K Blu-ray, and it's very cool to watch in that format. Same goes with Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk.

I think Gemini Man only has the 24fps version. I have the 60fps version on 4K Blu-ray, and it's very cool to watch in that format. Same goes with Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk.
I believe they corrected Billy Lynn to 60fps although the initial version was 24fps. Gemini didn’t get such upgrade yet.

Also agree 100% that both films are average at best but the whole point is the high frame rate experience. Technically, Billy was meant to be seen in high frame rate and in 3D. 4K disc gives you 4K in high frame rate or 3D in standard 24fps. In theaters it was 4K 60fps.

I've never been a huge fan of 3D, which always struck me as gimmicky, so I never bothered to get the 3D glasses for my JVC projector. Maybe I should pick them up just to see what it looks like.

I've never been a huge fan of 3D, which always struck me as gimmicky, so I never bothered to get the 3D glasses for my JVC projector. Maybe I should pick them up just to see what it looks like.

Most 3D content is not natively shot with 3D cameras. They use 2D cameras and convert to 3D in post production. Films with heavy CGI converts to 3D rather nicely because you can always re-render CGI footage in 3D but other shots typically look weird. You can use this website to confirm films if they were shot with 3D cameras or fake/converted.

Don’t mean to derail this thread further, but my two cents...

Good, native 3D on a 3D projector can really be immersive. If you have a TV, probably not worth it.

Agree with Substance on utilizing that website. I’ve been checking in periodically for years to identify if titles are native 3D or not. I would recommend checking out some of the IMAX titles like Under the Sea, Deep Sea 3D, and Hubble 3D. Also, Tangled and Despicable Me in 3D are really impressive.

The movie Mafia Mamma is not on K, but has been on DVD / BD for a while:

Mafia Mamma was released theatrically in the United States on April 14, 2023, by Bleecker Street. The film was released digitally on May 2, 2023, and on DVD and Blu-ray on June 6.

I just discovered that one of my favorites, Pump Up the Volume, received a blu-ray release from the Warner Archive Collection a couple years ago, and I'd LOVE to see this on Kaleidescape.

I didn't think it'd ever see another release due to all the music licenses within, but apparently they did a great job on the blu-ray. I'll probably order the disc, but would love to see it in the store.

I just discovered that one of my favorites, Pump Up the Volume, received a blu-ray release from the Warner Archive Collection a couple years ago, and I'd LOVE to see this on Kaleidescape.

I didn't think it'd ever see another release due to all the music licenses within, but apparently they did a great job on the blu-ray. I'll probably order the disc, but would love to see it in the store.

I bought the blu-ray and it does look and sound good. I also would upgrade to the K version. Hopefully they will get it in the store.

Curious if this a vent thread or have they actually started actioning on items in here? I've seen posts about the "content team", is this a direct route to them? i.e. do they respond to this thread or give updates per our requests?

Otherwise my feeling is everyone just posts what they're "hoping" gets updated and every now and then someone posts that it has. No0b here, but I'm just wondering if we're all speaking in a bubble or if they're actually listening to their customers?

Is there an actual thread like this in the feature and enhancement requests or are they all one-off requests?

Curious if this a vent thread or have they actually started actioning on items in here? I've seen posts about the "content team", is this a direct route to them? i.e. do they respond to this thread or give updates per our requests?

Otherwise my feeling is everyone just posts what they're "hoping" gets updated and every now and then someone posts that it has. No0b here, but I'm just wondering if we're all speaking in a bubble or if they're actually listening to their customers?

Is there an actual thread like this in the feature and enhancement requests or are they all one-off requests?

Yes, this is a "I hope...." thread, as are any others related to content owners would like to see in the Store. It is monitored by Kaleidescape, but that doesn't mean the content owners request will make it to the Store, there are external factors that affect what gets into the Store. That said, if a request is something K has control over, they will eventually get to it.

Jim

I know in the past they've confirmed if there was a rights issue or something going on, but I don't think they've been as responsive in the past year or so.

'tis the Halloween season...any Halloween classics to update to UHD? Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Army of Darkness? Or please even just A Nightmare on Elm Street series available in other than Standard Definition

'tis the Halloween season...any Halloween classics to update to UHD? Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Army of Darkness? Or please even just A Nightmare on Elm Street series available in other than Standard Definition
Let’s hope so! Most of those are available in 4K on physical media. Really surprising that K doesn’t at least have Halloween in 4K. Fingers crossed.

Back