• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Store Feature: Content Sets

MikeKobb

◥ ◣ Kaleidescape, Inc.
Greetings all!

We're pleased to announce a new feature on our movie store. We are now able to offer sets of movies and TV shows. These sets allow you to purchase multiple items for a single purchase price. In honor of May the 4th, we are launching several great Disney and Marvel content sets, including The Skywalker Saga 9-Movie Set. You can find the new sets here.

Sets will be supported by the movie store on the web, as well as in the mobile applications. Web support is live today. iOS is coming later this week, and Android support is complete and working its way through the release process. If you click a link to a set on a mobile app that doesn't support sets yet, it will either open the link in your browser, or it might display an error message. Look for version 1.13 of the mobile apps to confirm that your app can view & purchase sets.

A couple of things to know:
  • In general, buying a set will be less expensive than buying all of the movies/seasons individually.
  • The store will always charge you the most favorable price. If, for example, you already own several of the movies in the set, then "completing your set" by buying the remaining titles individually might cost less. The same might be true if you have upgrade or disc-to-digital offers for some or all of the movies in the set. In these cases, the store will automatically charge you the lower price.
We're very excited to launch this new way to buy great movies on Kaleidescape.

Last edited:
Oh, I should add: content sets are always at the highest available quality. i.e., there's no option to buy all the movies in HD or SD if they're available in 4K. When you purchase a set, you can of course still download available lower quality versions if needed to support your players, and the store's usual automatic logic applies here.

Yeah, that's the case for me with these as well. It should be great for new(er) customers, though, and there are definitely more to come!

Greetings all!

We're pleased to announce a new feature on our movie store. We are now able to offer sets of movies and TV shows. These sets allow you to purchase multiple items for a single purchase price. In honor of May the 4th, we are launching several great Disney and Marvel content sets, including The Skywalker Saga 9-Movie Set. You can find the new sets here.

Sets will be supported by the movie store on the web, as well as in the mobile applications. Web support is live today. iOS is coming later this week, and Android support is complete and working its way through the release process. If you click a link to a set on a mobile app that doesn't support sets yet, it will either open the link in your browser, or it might display an error message. Look for version 1.13 of the mobile apps to confirm that your app can view & purchase sets.

• In general, buying a set will be less expensive than buying all of the movies/seasons individually.
  • The store will always charge you the most favorable price. If, for example, you already own several of the movies in the set, then "completing your set" by buying the remaining titles individually might cost less. The same might be true if you have upgrade or disc-to-digital offers for some or all of the movies in the set. In these cases, the store will automatically charge you the lower price.
This is a great new feature. So if I own three of the nine Star Wars films, and if I buy the set, will it only charge me for the 6 remaining films, or charge the full set price?

Like you @Vodder, I already have all the titles- so could someone who doesn't, post the price of these "sets". Logging out and viewing the "sets"only gives the original individual title price and not the special price.

Sets pricing for historical reference...

Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga 9-Movie Set ($84.99)

Avengers 4-Movie Set ($39.99)

Black Panther 2-Movie Set ($24.99)

Captain America 3-Movie Set ($29.99)

Guardians of the Galaxy 2-Movie Set ($19.99)

Iron Man 3-Movie Set

Thor 4-Movie Set ($44.99)
Here's a post by @ironcross which - with the exception of Iron Man provides the set costs - thanks.

Great idea especially for newbies as I was a year ago. Still feel a newbie TBH but have accumulated all of those on offer os far - but looking forward to other sets in the future.

Greetings all!
To clarify, there is no pro-rating a price if you already own some of the titles, correct? If buying the complete set is still cheaper than buying the remaining titles individually, it will give the set price, not a slightly lower set price?

To clarify, there is no pro-rating a price if you already own some of the titles, correct? If buying the complete set is still cheaper than buying the remaining titles individually, it will give the set price, not a slightly lower set price?

Very interested in the above question, as I've apparently managed to buy one single movie of at least four of the MCU sets. What about adding the ability to include other movies from related sets (i.e other MCU sets) to fill the quota, or something in that direction?

Regardless, thumbs up for adding sets to the store!

This is a great new feature. So if I own three of the nine Star Wars films, and if I buy the set, will it only charge me for the 6 remaining films, or charge the full set price?
If buying the full set is less expensive than buying the 6 remaining films individually, you'll be charged the set price. If buying the remaining films individually is less expensive (e.g., if you had a bunch of upgrade or disc-to-digital offers), the store will automatically sell you the individual movies instead, and so you'll be charged the price of the individual films.

You can think of these sets as similar to individual movies -- they are offered by the content licensors, and they have a price that is set by the licensor. They can even be on sale. We're just adding a layer of extra protection so that you don't inadvertently purchase the more expensive option.

Incidentally, speaking of the ability to have sets on sale, they are! The Star Wars and Marvel sets are being offered this week at a discounted price as part of launching the new feature. Even without the discount, they’ll still be less expensive than buying everything individually, but if you’re thinking of buying them, now’s a good time!

Greetings all!

I look forward to the James Bond set.

Back