• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Store Feature: Content Sets

Incidentally, the mobile app will tell you how much you are saving by buying the movies in the set, compared to buying them individually. We don't have that information in the web store at this time but I hope it will be added.

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 6.37.56 PM.png

Drat. I missed the message-edit time limit. I was going to add the following to the post above:

The message in the mobile app takes into account any movies that you already own, as well as any special offers like Disc-to-Digital or upgrade offers that you are entitled to, so it reflects your true savings compared to buying all (remaining) movies in the set. If there's no "You save" message displayed, then the app is actually going to do its "special sauce" and buy all the movies individually for you because that's the less expensive route. In that case, it will either tell you that you can "Complete your set" for a dollar figure (if you own some of the movies already in the top quality level), or it will just tell you that the price you're seeing reflects discounted offers.

Incredibly awesome on these new sets! Way to go, K. Hopefully we see more and more packaged up each week.

My wallet is waiting for the Studio Ghibli set. :)

Agree they are a great idea but in practice the ones so far are more applicable to new owners (which is fair enough). Wish they had been there a year ago. A good feature nevertheless. As they add to the list I am sure more will apply. No complaint just a comment. Does feel like a set completer option would be a winner but maybe studios aren't interested. Tbh eventually you can pick them up in a sale which is what I have been doing.

Agree they are a great idea but in practice the ones so far are more applicable to new owners (which is fair enough). Wish they had been there a year ago. A good feature nevertheless. As they add to the list I am sure more will apply. No complaint just a comment. Does feel like a set completer option would be a winner but maybe studios aren't interested. Tbh eventually you can pick them up in a sale which is what I have been doing.

I'm 100% in for a reduced price "complete your set" extension to this whole idea, yes. Hopefully they'll get there too.

Just wanted to confirm that the updated Android app with support for Content Sets has now been released and is available on the Play Store. Enjoy!

Holy bananas Batman! All Yellowstone and 1883 for $85!!! One season is $45. I've never seen it but I'm told its awesome?

I think it is time for K to add audio tracks for TV Series. Now that K seems to be concentrating on adding high quality TV content it would be nice to know what audio tracks are available.

John

Holy bananas Batman! All Yellowstone and 1883 for $85!!! One season is $45. I've never seen it but I'm told its awesome?
Looks like it's Seasons 1-4 for Yellowstone (+1883.) Still a smokin' deal.

This is great. @MikeKobb do you know if the "Wishlist" feature will be modified so i can add a set to my wishlist?

This is great. @MikeKobb do you know if the "Wishlist" feature will be modified so i can add a set to my wishlist?
Very interesting idea! It's somewhat problematic, to be honest, because "under the hood", sets are a special kind of collection, and the Wish List feature is currently designed to support individual movies rather than collections. Not saying it won't happen, but it's probably a bigger project than it sounds like.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you could add one of the movies from the set to your Wish List. When you open the details of a movie that is part of a set, you see an indication that the movie is available in a set. (This works on mobile and web.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting idea! It's somewhat problematic, to be honest, because "under the hood", sets are a special kind of collection, and the Wish List feature is currently designed to support individual movies rather than collections. Not saying it won't happen, but it's probably a bigger project than it sounds like.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you could add one of the movies from the set to your Wish List. When you open the details of a movie that is part of a set, you see an indication that the movie is available in a set. (This works on mobile and web.)
Just testing this with Avengers and Bourne, where should I be seeing an indication that the title is in a set? I'm not seeing on web. It's there on iOS, but not on the website.

Hmmmm. Actually, I may be slightly ahead of myself. It's in mobile, but I believe it's coming to web very soon. Sorry about my confusion.

Not sure how to word this clearly but are the Collections once offered intended to be a long term thing in the way that a box set is. I,e. Will they just now exist in the way a movie does or are they considered a short term offering that will come and go like sales do?
Subject to licensing changes over time and normal price fluctuation. Box sets typically offer good value and is that what we are seeing in their pricing or are these current prices set at some sort of special offer price that will reset.

Tbh I have most of the movies in the collections that I would want already but there are a couple of sets I might be tempted to add to complete a set but I haven’t rushed to do so because I have been assuming that they will remain there now but thought I should check.

A thought I have had but not mentioned before is that it would be handy to have an offer closing filter that would flag say the last 3 days a movie is to be on sale. Sure that would bump many of us into those ‘think about it ‘ decisions :)

Not sure how to word this clearly but are the Collections once offered intended to be a long term thing in the way that a box set is. I,e. Will they just now exist in the way a movie does or are they considered a short term offering that will come and go like sales do?
Subject to licensing changes over time and normal price fluctuation. Box sets typically offer good value and is that what we are seeing in their pricing or are these current prices set at some sort of special offer price that will reset.

Tbh I have most of the movies in the collections that I would want already but there are a couple of sets I might be tempted to add to complete a set but I haven’t rushed to do so because I have been assuming that they will remain there now but thought I should check.
They're intended to be long-lived. As mentioned earlier, as with movies, it's possible for them to be put on sale for a limited time, but at the end of the sale, the set would still be there, just at its regular price (which would still be less than buying all the movies individually).

A thought I have had but not mentioned before is that it would be handy to have an offer closing filter that would flag say the last 3 days a movie is to be on sale. Sure that would bump many of us into those ‘think about it ‘ decisions :)
Cool idea! The Special Pricing collection is not quite what you're asking for, but it does show you movies that have temporary sale pricing. I don't think it currently covers Sets or Superbundles. It doesn't show you the last 3 days, but by definition the prices in that collection are going away "soon" -- within a week or two.

If buying the full set is less expensive than buying the 6 remaining films individually, you'll be charged the set price. If buying the remaining films individually is less expensive (e.g., if you had a bunch of upgrade or disc-to-digital offers), the store will automatically sell you the individual movies instead, and so you'll be charged the price of the individual films.

This looks to be the case for a number of sets I've seen, but I noticed this one oddity: I own Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in (4K HDR). I don't own the first Guardians of the Galaxy, which is $24.99 by itself. However, the set is being offered to me for $29.99.
Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 7.45.24 PM.png

Back