• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

    This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

    It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

    This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

    You can dismiss this box forever by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner of this message.
  • You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

    The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

    ... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

    Benefits of registering for a full account:

    • Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

    It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

    This box goes away for registered users.

Movie Updates

You need to go to the Kscape website (not the App), click on the relevant title and subsequently copy the url. It will automatically get formatted on the forum.
That’s what I figured. But I was on the site and when I click on the title, just the window pops up with its details. I didn’t think it would work if I copy the URL since the movie page isn’t a dedicated page.
 
The Patriot (2000) from Sony Pictures updated to include C_DV/C_HDR/C_SDR with Dolby TrueHD Atmos



Finally this gets the full treatment it deserved.

Instant purchase….
Been waiting for this since I bought my V 2 years ago. Instant purchase. Thank you Kscape!
Cautiously optimistic that we might see the Extended Edition get the upgrade treatment too. The EE has been available in HD for as long as I can remember, but appears in the “New To Kaleidescape” section. 🤞🏻
 
Bad boys: Ride or Die also got updated in cinematic. This is another HT demo worthy title on both fronts.

The set is a very good price. I’ll probably purchase that.
 
The Bourne Legacy also got the Cinematic update:

Unfortunately, not DTS:X audio.

 
I was just thinking about Venom recently and lo behold, The Last Dance just got updated to cinematic. Hopefully the other 2 get updated as well. FYI, the 3 movie set is on sale.
 
Same here. Bad boys for life actually supports a badass DTS:X / IMAX Enhanced mix
Yeah I did lose the DTS:X with IMAX ENHANCED when I upgraded to K over the disc. But that’s the price I pay to get rid of as many discs as possible.


On a related note, I replaced the Equalizer movies on K earlier today. Those were the last movies I had in IMAX enhanced.
 
Yeah I did lose the DTS:X with IMAX ENHANCED when I upgraded to K over the disc. But that’s the price I pay to get rid of as many discs as possible.


On a related note, I replaced the Equalizer movies on K earlier today. Those were the last movies I had in IMAX enhanced.
I have the equalizer set with imax enhanced. I have ghostbusters: frozen empire as well which is the last DTS:X / IMAX enhanced title.
 
The Bourne Legacy also got the Cinematic update:

Unfortunately, not DTS:X audio.

Has anyone seen the Bourne films since being upgraded to cinematic as the disc were never great? I do have them just not got round to watching them yet and hoping it has improved
 
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007) HDR Version updated
  • Audio and video improvements

The Grey (2011) HDR Version updated
  • Audio and video improvements

Bad Boys: Ride or Die (2024) HDR Version updated
  • Video quality improvements

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018) HDR Version updated. Also added in 4K Cinematic Dolby Vision, HDR, SDR
  • Added audio track: English (PCM Stereo)
  • Added extras (In HD and SD as separate download)

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (2022) HDR Version updated. Also added in 4K Cinematic Dolby Vision, HDR, SDR
  • Audio and video improvements
  • Added extras (In HD as separate download)

Gran Turismo: Based on a True Story (2023) Added in 4K Cinematic Dolby Vision, HDR, SDR


21 Jump Street Added in 4K Cinematic Dolby Vision, HDR, SDR and standard Dolby Vision


22 Jump Street (2024) Added in 4K Cinematic Dolby Vision, HDR, SDR and standard Dolby Vision


The Departed Added in 4K Cinematic Dolby Vision, HDR, SDR and standard Dolby Vision


A Quiet Place Part II (2020) HDR version updated. Also added in 4K Cinematic Dolby Vision, HDR, SDR and standard Dolby Vision
  • Audio and video improvements
 
Up (2009) from Pixar in HD updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 5.1
 
Back
Top