• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Updates

"Black Panther" HDR & HD update

HDR - Additional audio tracks (DTS-HD MA 7.1 & Stereo)
HD - Added extras
HDR & HD - Video quality improvements

Strange, only the HD version shows the update for my system here, my HDR version doesn't have an update available and has always shown both Atmos and DTS-HD 7.1. No mention of "Video quality improvements."

Jim

Strange, only the HD version shows the update for my system here, my HDR version doesn't have an update available and has always shown both Atmos and DTS-HD 7.1. No mention of "Video quality improvements."

Jim
Strange... I don’t remember what I had but two systems were updated (one has the HDR and the other the HD version).
Post #149 from @Luke may be the answer to why this is happening.

I got an update for the HDR version and it had as u mention audio and video improvement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, mine may have been automatically upgraded.....because I'm special....😁

Obviously kidding. Unfortunately, when it comes to audio and video "improvements", once they are downloaded there is no mention that it's been done, with exception to audio tracks being added (Atmos, DTS-HD, etc.), so I have no way to know if I received "video" improvements, but my copies of the HDR version shows Atmos, and the DTS-HD 7.1, and there is no "update" available. Maybe a glitch, I'll figure it out tomorrow when they open.

Jim

Thanks guys, mine may have been automatically upgraded.....because I'm special....

Obviously kidding. Unfortunately, when it comes to audio and video "improvements", once they are downloaded there is no mention that it's been done, with exception to audio tracks being added (Atmos, DTS-HD, etc.), so I have no way to know if I received "video" improvements, but my copies of the HDR version shows Atmos, and the DTS-HD 7.1, and there is no "update" available. Maybe a glitch, I'll figure it out tomorrow when they open.

Jim

Ur the boss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This upgrade process needs to be fully automated as an option.... Maybe you are testing that new feature! 😉

This upgrade process needs to be fully automated as an option.... Maybe you are testing that new feature! 😉

If I'm being used to test it, they forgot to tell me!😄

Seriously though, I think the option to have the updates done automatically would be great, but not sure how much engineering work is involved.
These things always sound easy to implement, unless you're the person tasked with making it happen!

Jim

I would NOT be happy with automatic updates as this process would delete all my marked scenes. Even worse is that I wouldn’t be about to watch the scenes and not start and stop times so I could re-mark. I would just have to remember what I had. Also, automatic updates would strip out the scenes from all of the scripts anyone has downloaded.

John

I did say “as an option” :)

Maybe they could come up with a way to preserve scenes, etc....

Missed that...I would be fine as long as I could opt-out. Users would still need to understand that downloaded Scripts could be affected.

John

Yes, I agree that the "option" would be great.

Jim

Black Panther is unique. It had some minor video tweaks but the largest change was a studio update to the logo paying homage to Chadwick Boseman.
You can see it here if you opt to skip the update: here

HDR update - Audio and video improvements

There were some differences in audio between the Blu-ray quality version of Clapton and the first pass of the 4k HDR version we released. We worked with the provider on an alternate audio track.

The Predator (2018) HDR updated to Dolby Atmos

“Widows” HDR updated to Dolby Atmos

Thanks K and please do the same with Universal! @Luke

Back