• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

    This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

    It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

    This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

    You can dismiss this box forever by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner of this message.
  • You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

    The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

    ... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

    Benefits of registering for a full account:

    • Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

    It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

    This box goes away for registered users.

Movie Updates

I still have like 600 Laserdiscs. Had about 1000 at most.

And to circle back to movie updated. I was hoping that the longer version of Dead Poets Society finally was released outside of Laserdisc now with the new 4K release but it's still stuck on Laserdisc.
 
I still have like 600 Laserdiscs. Had about 1000 at most.

And to circle back to movie updated. I was hoping that the longer version of Dead Poets Society finally was released outside of Laserdisc now with the new 4K release but it's still stuck on Laserdisc.
You better stop. You are going to cause a divorce if I come home with a LD player.
 
Hunter Killer (2018) from Lionsgate updated to include C_DV with Dolby TrueHD Atmos
 
My first laserdisc was Top Gun sometime in 1988, the audio was stereo. Audio formats have come a long way 😃
I got a LaserDisc around then and started with Indiana Jones and Casablanca.

I'll always remember that Indiana Jones disc because I saw a reflection of a snake in the glass used to protect Mr. Ford from the cobras.
 
I got a LaserDisc around then and started with Indiana Jones and Casablanca.

I'll always remember that Indiana Jones disc because I saw a reflection of a snake in the glass used to protect Mr. Ford from the cobras.
This! Is why I want LD. It was before G. Lucas raped our collective childhoods. Same with SW. I want the original versions, not the wiped versions that we have today. I’d assume that The Abyss and T2 are the same.
 
Looks like The Frighteners got added in 4k, but then it went to HD? When you click on HD tab it does show 4k as an option.
I noticed that too. Hopefully they correct this and give it the full complement it deserves. One of my all time favorite movies.
 
It’s been corrected now. The Frighteners is now available in 4k DV /HDR.

 
That’s a pleasant surprise. Now I’m hoping they do the same for The Frighteners.
Curious to see how this plays out. Apple already has DV but no Atmos. K normally mirrors digital release offerings.

For physical media releases, Atmos only appears to be available on the Directors Cut. I have the 4K German / Turbine Media import just for the Atmos. Arrow’s upcoming release will be DTS-HD for the standard version and Atmos for the Directors Cut.

So will a Director’s Cut become available on digital / Kaleidescape to even have the option?
 
Back
Top