Me too, it was wild times in those days. The good ole format war days lolDivx?!?!? I boycotted Circuit City until they went out of business over that crap.![]()
It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.
You can dismiss this box forever by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner of this message.
... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.
This box goes away for registered users.
Me too, it was wild times in those days. The good ole format war days lolDivx?!?!? I boycotted Circuit City until they went out of business over that crap.![]()
My first laserdisc was Top Gun sometime in 1988, the audio was stereo. Audio formats have come a long wayI also started with laserdisc in 1993. My first was
I never did Laserdisc but I did buy a lot of HD DVD discs and only lasted about a year.Me too, it was wild times in those days. The good ole format war days lol![]()
You better stop. You are going to cause a divorce if I come home with a LD player.I still have like 600 Laserdiscs. Had about 1000 at most.
And to circle back to movie updated. I was hoping that the longer version of Dead Poets Society finally was released outside of Laserdisc now with the new 4K release but it's still stuck on Laserdisc.
I got a LaserDisc around then and started with Indiana Jones and Casablanca.My first laserdisc was Top Gun sometime in 1988, the audio was stereo. Audio formats have come a long way![]()
This! Is why I want LD. It was before G. Lucas raped our collective childhoods. Same with SW. I want the original versions, not the wiped versions that we have today. I’d assume that The Abyss and T2 are the same.I got a LaserDisc around then and started with Indiana Jones and Casablanca.
I'll always remember that Indiana Jones disc because I saw a reflection of a snake in the glass used to protect Mr. Ford from the cobras.
I noticed that too. Hopefully they correct this and give it the full complement it deserves. One of my all time favorite movies.Looks like The Frighteners got added in 4k, but then it went to HD? When you click on HD tab it does show 4k as an option.
That’s a pleasant surprise. Now I’m hoping they do the same for The Frighteners.And Atmos!
And Atmos!
Curious to see how this plays out. Apple already has DV but no Atmos. K normally mirrors digital release offerings.That’s a pleasant surprise. Now I’m hoping they do the same for The Frighteners.