• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Updates

From Sony Pictures
The Machine (2023) in HDR/UHD/HD) updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 5.1

The Marvels received an update yesterday, added the audio track:
  • Director's Commentary by Nia DaCosta with Visual Effects Supervisor Tara DeMarco*

From NBC Universal
Cocaine Bear (2023) in HD updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 7.1

From K2 Communications (Previously only available in HDR)
Australia: The Wild Top End (2018) in UHD with DTS-HD Master 5.1

From Paramount (Previously only available in HDR/HD)
Bumblebee (2018) in UHD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos
Star Trek (2009) in UHD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos

@ironcross - do you receive notification of the addition of UHD titles as "movie updates" in the normal way. I have yet to receive a notification of the addition of a resolution addition through the usual channels. I only see them through these threads? Just curious

@ironcross - do you receive notification of the addition of UHD titles as "movie updates" in the normal way. I have yet to receive a notification of the addition of a resolution addition through the usual channels. I only see them through these threads? Just curious
I'm guessing they're not sent out for UHD added. The notifications are for when a better quality is added, and one that would require a new download, so if you already have HDR, UHD is not considered a higher quality version. If Atmos is added, you'll get a notification because it's considered better than the other versions and it requires a new download.

If a title that's only been HD is added in UHD and/or HDR, it's more likely you'll get a Digital Offer notification, but if it were added and included in your previous purchase, you'd get a notification for that.

That's my understanding anyway.
  • Movie Updates are offers for higher quality versions than what you have + included in your existing purchase.
  • Digital Offers are a paid upgrade.
  • Lesser versions are not notified.

I didn't get a notification for this and when I go to the page is says I have already downloaded this movie but I have downloaded the HDR version only. Has the UHD version only been released in the US? Just interested TBH - I am quite happy with the HDR version.

Not normally, but for some reason it did on this title. I already had the HDR copy downloaded and the UHD appeared in my updates.

Migration (2023) in HDR/UHD/HD from NBC Universal updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 5.1

The Boys in the Boat (2023) in HDR/UHD/HD from MGM updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 5.1

Alice, Darling (2022) in HDR/UHD/HD from Lionsgate updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 5.1

The Woman King (2022) in HDR/UHD/HD from Sony Pictures updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 5.1

Retribution (2023) in HDR/UHD from Lionsgate updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 5.1

Back