• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Updates

Rudy (1993) in UHD from Sony updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 5.1

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967) in UHD from Sony updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 5.1

Pacific Rim added the/some extras (forgot to compare before starting the update.)

Pacific Rim added the/some extras (forgot to compare before starting the update.)
Nice! I love seeing extras get added. It looks like Oppenheimer added them as well. Pretty sure it didn't have them before.

I really wish they would have them quicker though for new releases. I buy the disc or iTunes if K doesn't have the extras.

Retribution (2023) in HD from Lionsgate updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 5.1

Mad Max: Fury Road HDR updated. Original download 16th september

Changes in this update:
Added audio track: English (PCM Stereo)

I just happened to look at this update again today - previously I am pretty sure all it referenced was a 2 channel audio track or something like that which I didn't bother to update. Today - I noticed that it included some additional HDR changes PLUS the extras which arrived in SD.

So does this mean now that all extras will become available with just the HDR download?

I only downloaded the HDR version of this movie which I bought a while back now (I think as a D2D offer) but today I was offered the extras supplement. That comes in SD quality by the looks of it and so I said yes to the HDR/supplement updates. All good news.

I noticed now that the HDR AND DVD Quality versions show in my 'direct www page Movie list'. Not been in to actually look at it yet - but assume that's referencing the supplement rather than it having downloaded the movie in DVD format? I have checked back in the download section and I didn't ever download the DVD version of the movie at any point.

It will be great if we are offered all of the extras as a simple addition to our HDR or UHD versions without having to download the whole lower quality movie to see them.

The Ten Commandments (1956) in UHD with DTS-HD Master 5.1 from Paramount added (Previously HDR & HD only)

Sadly, no upgrade offer has been made for existing owners of Stop Making Sense.
I had the disc version, purchased the HD download, and I do have a small discount to upgrade (20.09).

Then again, I had The Incredible Hulk HDR, and had no upgrade discount. I re-categorized by blu-ray disc and got a slight discount to the new version (21.67).

Not sure I understand any of it.

I had the disc version, purchased the HD download, and I do have a small discount to upgrade (20.09).

Then again, I had The Incredible Hulk HDR, and had no upgrade discount. I re-categorized by blu-ray disc and got a slight discount to the new version (21.67).

Not sure I understand any of it.
Strange. I own it in Blu-ray quality, through a direct purchase from the store and received no upgrade offer. It looks like a near full price offer that you received.

Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock (1983) in UHD with DTS-HD Master 7.1 from Paramount added (Previously HDR & HD only)

HDR update

Added extras
  • Nothing Is Lost (You Give Me Strength)
  • Inside Pandora's Box: Building the World of Pandora
  • Inside Pandora's Box: Capturing Pandora
  • Inside Pandora's Box: The Undersea World of Pandora
  • Inside Pandora's Box: The Challenges of Pandora's Waters
  • Inside Pandora's Box: Pandora's Returning Characters
  • Inside Pandora's Box: Pandora's Next Generation
  • Inside Pandora's Box: Spider's Web
  • Inside Pandora's Box: Becoming Na'vi
  • Inside Pandora's Box: The Reef People of Pandora
  • Inside Pandora's Box: Bringing Pandora to Life
  • Inside Pandora's Box: The RDA Returns to Pandora
  • Inside Pandora's Box: The New Characters of Pandora
  • Inside Pandora's Box: The Sounds of Pandora
  • New Zealand: Pandora's Home
  • More From Pandora's Box: Casting
  • More From Pandora's Box: Stunts
  • More From Pandora's Box: The Lab
  • More From Pandora's Box: The Troupe
Additional audio tracks
  • English (Family Friendly Audio) (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1)
Added subtitle track: English (Family Friendly)

HDR update

Added extras
Additional audio tracks
Added subtitle track: English (Family Friendly)
It looks like these updates basically catch the K offering up to the discs from last June. I find this mildly hopeful that they'll catch up the Avatar: Collector's Edition to the discs from December at some point (3 HDR Cuts).

Star Trek 1: The Motion Picture (1979) in UHD with DTS-HD Master 7.1 from Paramount added (Previously HDR & HD only)

Star Trek 1: The Motion Picture (1979) in UHD with DTS-HD Master 7.1 from Paramount added (Previously HDR & HD only)
Now, get working on adding the Director's edition, big hint! ;)

American Hustle (2013) iin UHD from Sony updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 5.1
Added PCM Stereo and Dolby Digital 5.1.
Video Quality Improvements

American Hustle (2013) iin UHD from Sony updated to Dolby TrueHD Atmos from DTS-HD Master 5.1
Added PCM Stereo and Dolby Digital 5.1.
Video Quality Improvements
HDR with Dolby TrueHD Atmos also added

Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan (1982) in UHD with DTS-HD Master 5.1 from Paramount Pictures added (Previously HDR & HD only))

Back