• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

LATEST UPDATE ON K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, have found Jim to be open, candid, and working hard with the owners among others to try and save not only the experience that Kaleidescape owners have enjoyed but also those dedicated employees. I trust him when he says that it's complex and that they are working round the clock to try and save the company in some meaningful way. It just takes time and careful planning.

Well said.

In perusing this thread, I have learned that there are quite a few of us who have not had our Kscape gear very long. My Strato was installed on August 1. I just hope something can be worked out to keep the Movie Store open and allow further content to be added, such as UHD HDR video and True HD Atmos and DTS:X audio. I hope this isn't a pipe dream but hope springs eternal.

Quick update, things are progressing, there is some positive movement, hope to have additional positive news soon. Thanks to all for your patience!!

Jim

Wow. That would make me so happy. I have been moping around like we lost someone in the family, which is what it feels like.

+1 to the positive comments about Jim. I have known Jim from phone calls, interactions, as a customer of his business for a Lumagen processor, emails, posts here. We are all capable of making a mistake so thats my disclaimer for what Im going to say: I find Jim to be of very high character and someone who says what he means and means what he says. As to the other stuff, I have no idea.. but when Jim says something, I believe it 100%.

Jim is great. This last week has been tough as a new K owner. Having purchased two Stratos and a Disk Server. The Disk Server unusability from the Strato is the huge missing piece that if they get back I hope they quickly finish. I can't wait for my wife to ask "exactly what does big box do?" :(

Last edited:
Wow, thank you all for the kind words, as underserved as they are, still appreciated.

I want to be clear that my involvement in all of this activity is a small part of the effort being made to find solutions to what I see as solvable problems. While several of us have been working tirelessly to find the "right" fit for a possible K recovery, it is Cheena that has been leading the effort. People can say what they want, think what they want, but the true character of a person comes through in times like these, and Cheena has demonstrated a stubborn (in a good way) resolve to make this work, not thinking of himself at all, and using all of his sleepless hours to accomplish two things, put employees back to work and take care of owners, dealers, and Reps.

Still working through options, but each day has brought a sense that we are closer to a solution. We'll see.

Jim

Jim,

just an idea. I think the two big players in home automation, Control4 and Crestron, would really benefit from having a product like Kaleidescape in their range.

I hope that this is something that Control4 and Crestron will look into.

Wow, thank you all for the kind words, as underserved as they are, still appreciated.

I want to be clear that my involvement in all of this activity is a small part of the effort being made to find solutions to what I see as solvable problems. While several of us have been working tirelessly to find the "right" fit for a possible K recovery, it is Cheena that has been leading the effort. People can say what they want, think what they want, but the true character of a person comes through in times like these, and Cheena has demonstrated a stubborn (in a good way) resolve to make this work, not thinking of himself at all, and using all of his sleepless hours to accomplish two things, put employees back to work and take care of owners, dealers, and Reps.

I think the point, at least for me, is that I don't have a relationship with Chenna or anyone at Kaleidescape, and I'm not hearing a lot of information from them. I understand that they may not be able to have those communications for various reasons, not the least of which is that they're freaking busy dealing with the immediate.

BUT: I do know Jim. And if Jim tells me (paraphrasing) "sit tight, good people are putting a lot of effort into saving the company", then I believe that the people involved are indeed competent AND that they're acting in good faith AND that they're doing the work. And I'm going to sit tight. That's all.

And I suspect you're contributing more than you let on, even if it were only to reassure the existing community of owners.

Sorry, I mentioned I would update late yesterday, but there was actually nothing to add to my earlier comment. It gets old to keep saying that people are actively engaged in getting K back up and running, but that is the current status. The only thing I can add from late yesterday is that I think an announcement will be made within the coming few days, and while I cannot say what that announcement will be, I remain optimistic.

Jim

The CEO is still working to get back on track, as expected he's very, very busy. Still optimistic!! Things get a little better everyday.

One comment about orders that have been placed by dealer's through K's dealer extranet. Although the system will support placing orders, and component's are in fact in stock, no orders can actually ship until a couple of key people return to their positions at K's CA office. They are needed to complete payment processing, and order releases. So if you have a pending order, it will be processed in the order it came into the extranet, and the usual processing and shipping notifications will be generated as soon as those staff folks return to the office, hopefully soon.

Jim

FWIW, Ive been going through the movie store and ordering new (to me) content or updating things I had in SD... doing the little I can do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back