• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Latest software update from last night.

jbm007

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
K pushed out a update for those using the K switch between a Strato and Premiere system. 10.17964 I think

Unfortunately they hosed my Strao/Premiere linked system in the process.

Now every time you want to watch a disc from the Premiere system the Strato shuts down.

You would think they would push out s update on a Monday when tech support would be available.

It was working fine before the update and now it doesn't.

Need more details - How exactly do you know the Strato shuts down if you are watching your Premiere system? Lights on the front or something else? When you switch back does the Strato still work?

John

John

Strato and M300 in a premiere system are paired.

Bring up the Strato menu which also shows the premiere system movies.

Select a movie on the premiere system and the Strato immediately powers down and stays that way.

Was working fine prior to the update.

Tried un-pairing and repairing same thing.

Tried pairing the Strato to the server same thing happened.

Could be hardware failure, but it seems to coincidental for the problem starting to appear after the update.

Unpaired the systems and I am currently just using the Strato system for demos.

Strato would not feed the TV until I unpaired it.

OK, that is a big issue for you. When you say you have to un-pair before you can watch anything on the Strato you are talking about going in the browser and picking "Dsconnect Paired System". Correct?

I agree that this does sound like it is related to the Kos and not hardware. I would call or send an email directly to Kaleidescape support.

I am on version 10.0.0-17603 on my Strato so I can't comment on the new version that you received. Maybe others will chime in....

John

Back