• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Last movie watched

We watched Last Christmas last Christmas and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought we would. It was a good film.
Yes, I have to admit it was well done, interesting story and I enjoyed more than I'd admit to just anyone, but we are family here!

Wife Like - I didn‘t know anything about this movie. It turned out to be a hidden sci-fi gem. It is a good low budget, low production sci-fi flick. 3/5.

Infinite - Meh at best. The typical recipe, a lot of explosions and a lot of fighting, not much left to remember once dust settles. 2/5.

Bullet Train - I really really enjoyed this movie. I can see my self re-visiting it soon. 4/5.

Three Thousand Years of Longing - I was born in Istanbul and lived my childhood there. I might be a little biased because of that but this was an excellent movie. The historic events are spot on and true despite how they appear fiction/fantasy like in the movie. Amazing visuals except a few CGI shots seemed rushed/poorly done. Tarsem Singh’s The Fall, What Dreams May Come, Mr. Nobody and now Three Thousand Years of Longing. There aren’t very many movies like this. 5/5.

The Lair - “Monster of the Week” in X-files style but not really. I enjoyed it because I like my movies cheesy sometimes. Maybe worth a rental? 2/5.

The Ref - hadn't watched before. Was looking for non-traditional Christmas movies and kept seeing this one referenced. Not sure I will add this one to my annual list but was worth a watch.

Assault on Precinct 13 (2005) - I thought it was a worthy remake to the original. I didn't know the entire cast before watching the movie. It was a surprise to see so many very talented and familiar faces. It almost felt like Stallone's Expendables in that sense. My Rating: 3.5/5.

Santa Claus: The Movie - had never watched before but picked it up during the sale. Not the best Christmas movie, but not without some merit. Maybe not an every year movie but will definitely watch again.

It's not really a movie, but a Limited Series from Amazon. It's called "The English" starring Emily Blunt in a western. Episodes 1+2 were solid. Episodes 3-4 were dialogue heavy and I was wondering what the story was about. Episode 5 got back to what made the show good and in the finale it all made sense and that's when I realized what a great show it was. It's a slow burn but why I want to bring it up to this group is that the cinematography and setting is beautiful and would look great in the highest definition possible.

It's not really a movie, but a Limited Series from Amazon. It's called "The English" starring Emily Blunt in a western. Episodes 1+2 were solid. Episodes 3-4 were dialogue heavy and I was wondering what the story was about. Episode 5 got back to what made the show good and in the finale it all made sense and that's when I realized what a great show it was. It's a slow burn but why I want to bring it up to this group is that the cinematography and setting is beautiful and would look great in the highest definition possible.
We watched the series recently too. Agree on your last sentence. Very different take on a ‘western’ series from my childhood for sure and worth a watch for the visuals alone.

Deck the Halls - thought I had seen it but definitely hadn't. Glad I watched at least once.

Santa Claus: The Movie - had never watched before but picked it up during the sale. Not the best Christmas movie, but not without some merit. Maybe not an every year movie but will definitely watch again.
My favourite Xmas film of all time - although I did go to the cinema as a kid to watch it so I'm probably biased in that regard :-D

Violent Night - mash up of Die Hard, Home Alone and Santa Claus the movie / Bad Santa etc - enough nods to them all too - stupid but awesome. A lot of laughs were had :)

Not a movie as such but it might well have been and it didn’t make sense to start a separate TV series thread, hope that’s OK.

Just started on Tom Clancy - Jack Ryan series 1 and about halfway through now. Sound effects in the first episode were stunning as are the visuals etc etc etc. it really is excellent. Great story, acting, direction. We had watched it on Prime in 4k and had been impressed when it came out but this was another notch. Wish series 3 was out on K. We will watch 1 and 2 and just hope 3 is ready by then. Won’t take long. :)

Must have been a seriously big budget for this.

Breathe (2017) - really enjoyed it. Fascinating true story. Would've liked the beginning to show more character development pre-polio so I could've been even more invested but understand there was a lot of story to get in. Garfield was absolutely tremendous. Dude can act.

Heat - have had this on our 'must watch again soon' list for a while and eventually got around to it. Never fails. Such a good movie which stands up so easily. Can't fault it.

Violent Night - mash up of Die Hard, Home Alone and Santa Claus the movie / Bad Santa etc - enough nods to them all too - stupid but awesome. A lot of laughs were had :)
I have been on the fence with this one. Based on this description I may have to check it out!

The Dark and the Wicked. If you are a horror fan, this is an highly underrated film. I had to stop watching about half way through until I got the courage to finish it the next day (watched by myself in a dark room). Very few movies scare my this much. It was awesome!

The Dark and the Wicked. If you are a horror fan, this is an highly underrated film. I had to stop watching about half way through until I got the courage to finish it the next day (watched by myself in a dark room). Very few movies scare my this much. It was awesome!

Loved this movie. From the director of “The Strangers (2008)”, which I also thought was underrated. Both very terrifying!

The Num8ers Station. Small budget under-the-radar movie. Not a must see, but I have to admit, I liked more than I anticipated. There's not a lot of surprises, a little formulaic but not terrible at all and moves pretty quick.

Saw it on K and bought it on a whim. Worth the time to see once.

Back