• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Last movie watched

Dungeons & Dragons. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Not necessarily a masterpiece, but certainly a fun way to spend a couple hours with some good humor and action throughout.

Andy

No Hard Feelings. Worth a watch, when it's good, it's really good, when it's not it falls a little flat. She's a maneater!
If I were you I’d give Joyride a shot, better in every aspects. Probably best comedy this year.

Just saw Total Recall for the first time 😱. Decent popcorn flick, not Verhoeven’s best but would definitely watch again. Im in the boat that he was dreaming.

Beethoven Violin Concerto & Symphony No. 6 “Pastoral”

This is a fantastic use for K; orchestral music in 5.1 uncompressed. I caught it in the store last week for $9.99, worth every penny!

Last edited:
Dr. No
We are going to start watching the whole 007 collection in order.

I’ve been planning to do this since upgrading all titles to UHD/HDR but have yet to start due to distractions and just too many other shows/movies to catch up on. Hearing others say the 4k quality is significant gives me some renewed excitement to revisit this plan.

Thank you,
Andy

I’ve been planning to do this since upgrading all titles to UHD/HDR but have yet to start due to distractions and just too many other shows/movies to catch up on. Hearing others say the 4k quality is significant gives me some renewed excitement to revisit this plan.

Thank you,
Andy

I get it. We have the same interruptions.

We watched Lightyear on my birthday last week. I liked it. Nice use of HDR I thought, especially with the space suits and when they went to the dark side of the planet. My wife and kids are still trying to make sense of the time dilation concept. :)
Happy birthday!

Watched Joy Ride last night with the Wife and Mother-In-Law. They thought it was funny. Definitely catered to women. It was just okay to me.
We watched Saving Mr. Banks tonight. Tom Hanks pulled off Walt Disney really well.

Watched Joy Ride last night with the Wife and Mother-In-Law. They thought it was funny. Definitely catered to women. It was just okay to me.
We watched Saving Mr. Banks tonight. Tom Hanks pulled off Walt Disney really well.
Guessing that was Joy Ride rather than Joyride (Olivia Colman etc). I have the latter on my watchlist.

Correct. Joy Ride. The 2023 comedy.
Duly prompted, we watched the other (or one of the other) movie(s) called Joyride (2022). An odd choice for Olivia Colman at this stage but the result was a sweet/heartwarming romp through the Irish countryside with a 'fresh' baby and young runaway car thief. I suspect the polar opposite of the 2023 Joy Ride but everything has it's place, audience and time I guess. I don't think this will gain a huge following but it was nice enough.

Retribution - Better than expected. Sometimes when you set your expectations low enough, they get met and even exceeded! Not every movie has to be cutting edge, deep thinking, Oscar worthy epics, right?!? Either that or I'm a sucker for Liam Neeson movies.

Back