• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Kaleidescape Will Release Upgrade Details This Week

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
K is set to announce details about the upcoming upgrade path for Premiere owner's seeking to add an Encore system, or 4K capability. Dealer's should have received an email yesterday providing general info about the upgrade process, and K plans to announce the plan to owner's later this week, perhaps tomorrow.

While there are a few "caveats" to the process (expected given DRM issues), K has developed a process that will allow a Premiere system to integrate with Encore components, including the new Strato 4K Player expected to be available in Q1 (hopefully early Q1). Most importantly, for those that do integrate the two systems you will see a seamless single user interface that will display all content available on both systems. More detail will follow shortly.:)

Jim

Thanks Jim..I know you personally pushed hard for this to happen. We should all be very grateful we have such a valuable resource in you and what you do for all of us K owners.

I am also very happy to hear this news and thank K for listening to the needs of the current Premiere owners and to all those who have been working behind the scenes to make this happen.

I am planning to go 100% soft copy - no shiny discs for 4K from 3000 Blu Rays in my library today....
And this news seals the deal for me :)
Thanks you K...

I have not seen anything in my email box either. Maybe Jim only?

Sorry guys, I was told dealer's would get a "dealer" announcement, with FAQ, yesterday. That was the plan, not sure why you have not received it. I'll check with K shortly.

Jim

I intentionally waited to post that general comment to give time for dealers to receive the announcement, and as far as I know it did go out at about 1:30 pm yesterday. I'll check.

Jim

Any idea if this will also include an upgrade path for Cinema One owners?

Yes, both versions of the C1 are included in this upcoming capability.

Jim

Yes, of course.....it's me....:D

Jim

Kidding....when I did not see it as expected on Monday morning, I called K and they were surprised I had not received it. I received it shortly thereafter.

Jim

Back