• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

K download store

OK THAT'S IT IM JUST GONNA....

WAIT LONGER!

and...

REMAIN DISSATISFIED... With.... The lack of new information...

Or something...

Don't fault them for building some excitement. It's not like we're going to be downloading tomorrow anyway.

...I'm surprised we're not going to see new hardware, but for me it doesn't matter now because I bit the bullet and went out and bought a new processor (thanks to Jim!!).

............because I bit the bullet and went out and bought a new processor (thanks to Jim!!).

I always get the blame........:D

Jim

K is just now releasing info at CEDIA regarding the K "Store", and some additional info about improvements to the Movie Guide. Josh will post more specific details with the "release" received from K.

The "Store" is now close to being open for biz, just tweaking a few more details. The most current info is being discussed at CEDIA, and there may be some small changes, or additional info, not being discussed here. That said, at last report BR download capability will start soon (exact date will be released shortly). The "store" looks great, easy to use, very intuitive. You will not need to keep a physical copy of the disc in a vault!!! Pricing is not set yet, but will vary based on title, much like the current structure at Amazon. It is also expected to be competitive, which should translate to perhaps a few $$ more for the convenience of download, and not needing to store in a vault. Info about what you have purchased will be stored, I assume this allows for a "restore" of content should you lose it for some reason. No info on "multiple" copies for those with more than one server, but that should be clear soon.

More info will follow. Keep in mind the above info is from "me," not K, and is subject to modification or clarification by K if I've missed something.

Jim

I always get the blame........:D
Jim

If the 80.3 doesn't sound as good as the Halcro I just sold then you'll really get the blame :mad: or the credit if it sounds as good as you say :D

Now that lossless decoding is no longer an issue for me I can pull the trigger on an M700 or DV700.

I really liked my Halcro pieces, and was sorry when they departed our market.:(

I then went through a number of PrePro's, some good, some very good. I was surprised by how good the 80.3 sounded, especially at that price point compared to the higher-end units I was using. Of course the "sound" is more than just the prepro. The room is treated and the speaker's I'm currently using are incredible.

So, if it doesn't sound good.....it's the room, and those crappy speaker's you own!:D:D

Jim

That's all they provided for "official" release.

Jim

Josh is just teasing us with the Press Releases now

No... I wish I were. That's it for now as far as I know (and I know almost nothing officially).

And by the way, we can thank Jim "Cinelife" for getting these releases. I simply posted them. Kaleidescape no longer gives me any advance info, press releases, info on beta features... It's thanks to Jim that we have this stuff at all!

UPDATE: Just learned there will be one more announcement tomorrow morning, but it's NOT the download store or anything major like hardware or drive sizes. It's a nice feature but not earth-shattering.

Last edited:
So when you purchase a blu ray disk in a store that has ultraviolet enabled, you get a free download in the K store, so no disk slot is needed?

So when you purchase a blu ray disk in a store that has ultraviolet enabled, you get a free download in the K store, so no disk slot is needed?

When you purchase a BR disc in the "K" store you also get the UltraViolet copy (meaning the ability stream the movie from the cloud), if provided with that movie.

Regarding the K store purchase of a BR disc, as mentioned previously, you will not need to keep a physical copy of the BR in a vault.

Jim

May be the Ultraviolet functionality is not directly linked to the Store and K are going to give us a downloadable copy of every movie currently in our collection? Or am I getting ahead of myself ...

Early days yet as the store has still open. I suspect the only certainty about the forthcoming store will be the facility to purchase and download movies direct to the server.

All potential aspects of UV have yet to be fully implemented by all content providers. At the moment I will be surprised if all movies in the store have UV functionality. At some point in the future it would not surprise me if it were to become possible to purchase UV functionality for movies already stored on the server.

As ever once the store is open for business I expect the "K download experience" will develop over time.

May be the Ultraviolet functionality is not directly linked to the Store and K are going to give us a downloadable copy of every movie currently in our collection? Or am I getting ahead of myself ...

Yes, you are getting ahead of yourself........:D

But it's a nice thought.:)

Jim

Back