• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Is K showing anything new at CES 2015?

I don't see them on the list of exhibitors.

John

I think they are more aligned with CEDIA than with CES.

He never guesses.:D

Jim

I do not think there is a scheduled presence at CES this year (but I do know K has people attending).

Jim

a 4K player would be pretty cool. I guess I will have to trade in the M300 I just bought!

I was looking forward to news, rumours and some speculation from CES.

Unfortunately events elsewhere have taken precedence.

Attachments

• Je_Suis_Charlie.jpg
    Je_Suis_Charlie.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 43
Given that CES is over and not even a press release or sighting, I am assuming we are left as is for now.

Now as a person who was at the Trade Center that fatefully day, I feel for you France! I hope you get the bastards that did it, and then some!

K was not officially at CES this year, but they did have someone there for other reasons. They are always working to add new components,and improve on what exists, and that model continues. We will see new things from K this year.

Jim

Given that CES is over and not even a press release or sighting, I am assuming we are left as is for now.

Now as a person who was at the Trade Center that fatefully day, I feel for you France! I hope you get the bastards that did it, and then some!

They did get the guys who committed the atrocity, but like Bertolt Brecht says "Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the bitch that bore him is in heat again."

We as people should do our best to get rid of hate.

Cheers

..........We as people should do our best to get rid of hate.

Cheers

Certainly a wonderful thought, but unfortunately not likely given the philosophical and religious differences that exist in this world.

I was raised in a situation that caused me to look to myself for psychological support as a young boy. I found my comfort in covering my head with bed sheets and using a flashlight to read encyclopedia Britannica well into morning hours. Over the years I developed a desire to learn more about the countries and people presented in the encyclopedia. My first undergrad degree was in the old version of international studies, my second was in philosophy. I was recruited by the Company at an early age, spent most of my 20's, early 30's in SE Asia as a Case Officer. What I found in these countries was both expected and unexpected. One unexpected reality was how much some people hated the West in general, and the U.S. in particular. No open-minded philosophical discussions could change their beliefs, no financial or other support could change their beliefs.

There was a time when I looked inward, thinking perhaps the problem really was "us." When I read about these countries as a young man, and looked at pictures, there was never a McDonald's or KFC in the picture. That changed. We can argue the merits of such changes, but there will always be the counter-argument by those that never wanted these changes, and they blame the West. I believed this to be a powerful motivator for those seeking to punish the West, but those reasons paled in comparison the hatred generated by religious extremists. These extremists have always been present, this is not new. What is new is the shrinking of the world brought about by increased mobility and the ability to reach young minds thru social media. This has allowed the "few' to become many, and as we've already seen, it doesn't take but one to bring death and destruction.

Evil exists in many forms, some can be conquered, some can be paid off (I was probably one of the last westerner's to sit across a table from Saloth Sar, and when I told him he was finished, the only question he asked was "can I keep my money?") Unfortunately, there is evil that cannot be paid off, or changed by giving into their demands, or by professing a love and understanding of their beliefs, or any other sympathetic showing on our part. In their world, there is only room for one ideology, one people, and one system of control that doesn't allow for differing viewpoints, and never will. There is no compromise. These people must be terminated, or the world will continue to suffer the same sad events we've been experiencing all over the world.

While I share the underlying hope in your comment, I have unfortunately seen a side of some people that tells me it will be a long, long time before that kind of change is possible, and certainly not while the current crop of extremists walk among us.

I hide now within the confines of my AV hobby, and try to raise my children with a better understanding of the world we live in, without the tunnel vision created by a sheet and flashlight..........they inherit what we leave behind.......

Jim

Jim

I would be naive not to agree. My statement was more of a hope and not in my life will see that become reality.

Sam Haris makes a very valid case about religion in his new book.

Cheers

Understood my friend, and although my comment addressed yours, it was really just a general answer about the unfortunate state of affairs in the world. Your hope is certainly shared by all right-minded people I'm sure, myself included.:)

Jim

Back