• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CEDIA Expo 2015 - Big reveal

The date on the image K posted was 10/15/15, so they may not be announcing it until tomorrow.

Some additional info.

Kaleidescape unveils its show-stopping new 4K Ultra HD high-dynamic-range movie player-Kaleidescape Strato. Delivering bitrates of up to 100 Mpbs at frame rates of 60 frames per second, Strato renders movies in quality that rivals and, in some cases, exceeds, that of commercial cineplexes. Its 6 TB hard drive stores up to 100 4K Ultra HD or 160 Blu-ray quality movies.

Exciting times!

My fear is that it does not integrate. Looks like a whole new line. Also, the Premier line does not show the ability to upgrade to the 6tb drive that they are now using. Maybe there will be future announcements.

The full press release is in the hardware section. Seemed appropriate to have a separate Encore thread.

Stratos Player
2x new Alto players (with and without HD)
Terra Server - No details on size/storage....

Personally, seems like its a merger of the two lines into one.

Not at all sure how that would integrate with the premiere line. Hoping there is a separate announcement.

Individual 6Tb drives sound wonderful.

Wow, $1,000 extra just to include a 6TB HDD on the Strato? I'm really curious to see the price points of the new Alto players.

I'm sure the drives will cost separately at least $1200 for the premiere line if/when there're announced. So $1000 seems reasonable. I'll order 6 at that price now ;)

Nothing about the Premiere Line. Shaking my head...No bigger supporters of K than this group and no mention or support from K in their "big" announcement.

Not sure how many of you follow K on Twitter but they have been posting quite a bit this morning.

I sent them a tweet basically saying that Premiere owners are anxiously awaiting word on how this affects us. Quite remarkably they responded very quickly saying "an announcement will be forthcoming! Please stay tuned."

Twitter, what's that?! ;)

Fantastic. I'll check back here for my information!

Kaleidescape needs, like, a marketing girl to put all this stuff out in the same place, or something...

Just tweeted asking if I could connect my premiere 3U server to a Stratos player, K's response was:

"Unfortunately no, you can't connect a start player to a premiere system or add a 1U or a 3U server to an Encore system."

So what is the announcement that is forthcoming?

I give K credit for responding so quickly. They certainly aren't ignoring our questions. Having said that, we're still left wondering where all this takes Premiere owners.

I guess we will just have to wait and see....... Perhaps following the 'DVD ripping settlement', the 'Disney solution' and what seems to be a company re-inventing itself based upon streaming and proprietary store downloads coupled with non permanent storage and the lack of focus on physical media that customers have sourced from the likes of Amazon will see the Premier Line slowly die and be replaced with the brave new world we are starting to see............ Let's hope we are to be pleasantly surprised and our investments in the Premier Line have a continued life and an integration and growth trajectory rather than a sunset one....... I do hope so.

Back