• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CEDIA Expo 2015 - Big reveal

Kaleidescape tweet:

"BUT....it's not just Strato...there's a whole lot more! We're super excited, too!"

It sure sounds like there is a lot of news coming....

John

The Stratos has been in CEDIA announcements since the beginning of last month.. Given the accolades its getting already, I imagine whatever it is, it's the most ground breaking.

Could be? Do all the studios play nice with Prima? I sort of doubt Disney does. It would be funny (sad) if it was a replacement for the Alto. That would be the third box in four years, while no updates to the premier line.

I am going with a premier streaming box that provides 4k content and presumably all the latest hdmi goodies. I might even say a mobile function?

No way. Too big to replace the M300. They only need that large of a form factor for a hard drive and moving from a 1U half width unit to a full width 2U player would be too hard for people to upgrade into.

No way. Too big to replace the M300. They only need that large of a form factor for a hard drive and moving from a 1U half width unit to a full width 2U player would be too hard for people to upgrade into.

The link in the middle of page two says it's a "movie player", though. *shrug*

But I guess it COULD be an Alto replacement that does 4K. I mean unless the Alto hardware already supports 4K and just needs updates, they need some way for Alto users to upgrade to 4K, too.

I have to admit I had a lot of "don't really care" going on with 4K...until The Martian. Knowing it was shot in 4K makes me care a lot more...

--Donnie

Can't wait for 10/15 to find out what's going to happen. I'm close to buying an Alto but have been waiting for Cedia.

Here in Europe there has been nothing really new or innovative since the 'M Players' were introduced years ago so not holding my breath this time either! Seems K have no interest in their installed customer base or even want to attract new customers outside North America. A company in trouble???

Mark,

Are you baiting K? If you read some of the recent tweets for K, someone made a similar comment and their response was that its a licensing issue. I guess that is always the issue, but it would seem its not as easy as K not wanting more customers. I think the fact that K is going more mainstream is a focused effort to add more customers. Personally, I believe the more successful K is, the less likely the company remains independent.

I so hope this thing lives up my expectations for it and that along with it comes major store and studio expansion at a price in line with Alto or cheaper. If so, I'm so in finally on K.

Tweeting - not 'my scene' so no idea what K or anybody else is tweeting.
Not baiting but just stating the facts re European customers.
Licensing I am sure is the issue so they should resolve it, other companies manage to supply new content to our screens on both physical media and via streaming services in Europe provided from North American companies.
It is just disappointing we are seeing less value in the products as there has been nothing new and less and less disks are pre book marked without having to pay for the service. Premium pricing is expected for a premium product but when K hard disks are around 5 times the price for an equivalent Enterprise Class disk that I would buy for my non K server it is perhaps time they woke up, smelled the coffee and realised there is a big world and potential customer pool being neglected and focuses on resolving the situation and returning to a time of inbuilt 'value add'.
This customer expects more for the money I have spent and if I am baiting them so be it but as a customer with multiple 3U and 1U servers, M700 disk vaults and a 'double digit' player count I think I have earned the right to provide feedback.
It is time for more action in place of the 'nodding' responses K has given.

I asked K 6-8 weeks ago on social media when the UK store would have more content. They said that the licensing deals take time and that they were working on it. Wonder if anything will be announced this week.

I also asked over 9 months ago direct to Cheena the same question and got the same 'we are working on it' reply. I hope too that things will change soon and that there will be new content soon.

Credit card ready! Haven't purchased a 4K set yet waiting for content. Have the the specs for HDMI 1.4 been set?

Credit card ready! Haven't purchased a 4K set yet waiting for content. Have the the specs for HDMI 1.4 been set?

Not sure if you're joking or not. HDMI 2.0 is pretty much required for 4k and 2.0a is coming soon.

Kevin D.

Lol yes joking as it took so long to ratify each step. Sorry forgot the sarcasm emoji

Heh. Well, you're on here, and have a high post count. I assumed you were, but you never know. ;)

Kevin D.

My question is how can they go disc-less when they're still missing major studios?

Chances are if you still love the Disc, then one slot is never enough, so you will use a vault to deal with the joys of plastic.

Though if they are moving to 2.5" discs, could probably fit quite a few into smaller chassis to yield the long-awaited storage solution for the Alto line. Not saying it can't play too.

Back