• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CEDIA Expo 2015 - Big reveal

Kostas

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
CEDIA Expo 2015 - K is 4-Kasting great things !

News from K's facebook page

"We're "4-Kasting" great things for CEDIA Expo 2015 next week! Stay tuned for our big reveal!"

Last edited:
I'm surprised there hasn't been more postings here about this. CEDIA is a week away and K looks to be rolling out something new. I always get excited when K releases something new as it's so few and far between.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more postings here about this.

They're definitely rolling something new out but not much to talk about until it's actually announced.

The "4-Kasting" in their latest tweet is a giveaway that 4K is very likely coming.

4-Kasting... 4... Pronounced Fore... Kasting is spelled Casting... Fore like forward.....Casting... Cast like forge..... Forward as in forward-thinking.... We no longer forge things... Forward thinking forging......

KALEIDESCAPE IS GOING TO INTRODUCE A 3D PRINTER AT CEDIA!!!!!

4K will obviously be the focus this year, nearly all AV manufacturers are introducing their 4K related products, and K will be right there with them.....along with other new components. This should be a good CEDIA compared to recent years, we'll see soon enough.

Jim

4-Kasting... 4... Pronounced Fore... Kasting is spelled Casting... Fore like forward.....Casting... Cast like forge..... Forward as in forward-thinking.... We no longer forge things... Forward thinking forging......

It would be mildly ironic if that were true, so the first 3D support they would have would be in a printer.

You mean it's not going to be single-frame advance?

4K will probably be Alto only for a few months first, and then when Premier does get it you'll have to opt out of DVD ripping. ;)

--Donnie

I'm surprised there hasn't been more postings here about this. CEDIA is a week away and K looks to be rolling out something new. I always get excited when K releases something new as it's so few and far between.

Well there was a short lived preview on the forum a couple months ago...

Looks like we're getting a new player. Very exciting!

CQ6bRVzUYAA8rC0.png:large

Link to Twitter Post

That pic looks very Alto-esque. It really would suck if it was Alto series first and not simultaneously with the Premier line, given how limited the Alto is for storage and how much space 4K is going to take.

With the lack of a disk tray, is this a 4K variant of the Alto or a new box attached to the Premier edition.

From the form factor, it looks like it's probably the next generation in the Cinema One, Alto, etc. line.

My question is how can they go disc-less when they're still missing major studios? Also, even when they do get all the majors, it would be disappointing to not be able to catalog DVD/Blu-rays from smaller independent studios so they show up in the UI.

I'm hoping there will be new studios announced at CEDIA, along with the new hardware. Who knows, maybe the new player will even support DMA. One can dream :)

Maybe the final studios are another announcement? That would cover most titles, but it wouldn't cover things like the independent studios, special editions like Criterion, etc.

I am guessing as more films go to digital distribution, the independent studios will have to enter agreements with some of the majors for downloading as they won't want to invest in the infrastructure for digital distribution.

If they have an Alto-esque version for 4k, a premier unit cannot be far behind. That might be one of the incentives that get people more likely to jump to the Disney opt-in in order to get 4k.

Back