• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

C0-Star automation for RTI: I could use some help

markrubin

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Greetings
I have a Co-Star connecting a Strato and Cinema 1 SE: works well
I want to automate the audio input switching of my processor so when the Co-Star changes input, my processor will switch to the correct audio input
I can program my RTI processor to do this based on driver variables that are received.
I know that Crestron and others have a solution, unfortunately RTI does not, at least I have not found it.

I need to know:

-exactly what signal is sent to Co-Star to change state and what signal the K system sends as feedback
-what RTI driver variable this corresponds to
-any solutions you can suggest please

any help greatly appreciated

How do you have this all wired (HDMI, switch or Lumagen, etc.) If only using HDMI, then there is no need to change audio as there is only one output from the system. The HDMI signal is controlled via your costar setup. SJ

My processor is a Krell Foundation 4k that does not do HDR, so I am using secondary HDMI audio out from Strato and coax audio out from Cinema One
I do agree a new processor might be the answer though

or add a Lumagen VP and let it do your switching with an audio out to the Krell.

John

Just thinking... Maybe connect a program which can monitor the feedback from your Strato and see if there is any difference when you play a movie from your Cinema One vs. your Strato? You can use a program like Putty or DockLight Scripting (you can get a free evaluation copy that doesn't let you send commands). You would connect it via the IP address of the Strato (using port 10000). Maybe you could intercept the feedback happening if there is any difference and have your control system change audio of your Krell. You could also see if any feedback is also coming from your Cinema One when it is being used. SJ

thanks for all the replies
I bought a new Anthem AVM 70 and connected the Co-Star output to it: works/ switches audio & video perfectly
Mark

Greetings
I want to automate the audio input switching of my processor so when the Co-Star changes input, my processor will switch to the correct audio input
I can program my RTI processor to do this based on driver variables that are received.
I know that Crestron and others have a solution, unfortunately RTI does not, at least I have not found it.

I need to know:

-exactly what signal is sent to Co-Star to change state and what signal the K system sends as feedback

I talked to Jim at Lumagen about this. He said the Lumagen Radiance Pro gets the switch command as metadata on the HDMI signal. The Kaleidescape units communicate with each other over IP.

Greetings

I need to know:

I have (2) co-stars, one for my house players and one for my theater players. All automated with RTI. I pick a single Kaleidescape source in either my home panel of the app or the panel for a specific room and everything just works. This was done by our dealer so I can't tell you how to do it, but I can tell you it can be done!

I resolved the issue by upgrading to a processor (Anthem AVM 70) that accepts the Strato main output via the Co-Star: the Co-Star output provides all the audio and video switching

Back