• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Anyone know when K is getting Fox in the store?

Indeed, it is great to have Fox ! 110 slots for the time being:)

Do they own the rights for the Bond movies?

Bond Rights

I was about to ask the same thing. I thought that MGM has the rights for the older Bond movies (the Daniel Craig ones all belong with Sony). Fox does distribution for lots of MGM DVD/BD so K may require a separate deal (like they did for Fox Searchlight vs Twentieth Century Fox).

Yeah, it doesn't look like this deal includes any of the MGM library titles that Fox has been distributing on disc. So that's likely going to need a separate deal.

Interesting that UV rights seem to be missing. You can actually filter by UV titles in the store and zero results show up for Fox.

Also, have to note that special features are missing :(

Hopefully UV is coming. For both UV movies we own - but even more important to get a UV copy with the K-scape purchase to use on iPads etc. Without a portable copy (UV) buying a download only copy makes little sense. Disney should take notice as well.

Also what about disc to digital for DVD to HD? So far I've only seen $1.99 upgrades to digital with Blu-ray versions. All DVD versions are full price - not $5.99 as others have been.

Very good to see Fox in the store - there sure are a lot of titles with Fox - definitely more than I realized. A good day for Kaleidescape for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, not seeing options for discounted upgrades. When I but my Moulin Rouge! BD in the player, it offers a 1.99 purchase option, but no digital copy.

Hit purchase on the Martian eventhough no UV. Clicked on a number of other titles, no UV with them as well. Hopefully they will change this policy, but from my sampling, I think we're out of luck for now

About time.
newhope.jpg

Any chance of getting an answer from the K employee who checks in from time to time? Don't want to pull the trigger on titles I already own UV rights to.

Any chance of getting an answer from the K employee who checks in from time to time? Don't want to pull the trigger on titles I already own UV rights to.

Yeah, not seeing options for discounted upgrades. When I but my Moulin Rouge! BD in the player, it offers a 1.99 purchase option, but no digital copy.

I saw a similar issue last month with Sicario. I bought it on the K store when it was released and even though it was a UV title, did not see a copy in my UV library for a few weeks. I would imagine there's going to be growing pains with all of the new Fox titles added and they'll get addressed sooner than later.

Hope so. Also don't want to pay that 1.99 disc-to-digital if I'm missing out on the UV copy coming later.

So, no existing UV copies will work, no disc-to-digital purchases will come with UV, and that's unlikely to change?

I don't have a huge problem with the 1.99 charge, just wanna be certain before I start going through my discs.

As has been posted, unfortunately, Fox titles on the Kaleidescape store are not UV-enabled at this time.

Same resolution disc-to-digital upgrades for $1.99 are supported as you have all noticed but SD-to-HD upgrades for $5.99 are not.

Cool. Thanks so much for the speedy reply.

Should UV become available in the future, one would hope the d2d purchase would be honored, but we'll cross that bridge at a later date.

Hello all,

Let me also add a couple of additional bits of information to what has been posted already.

All content from Twentieth Century Fox in the Movie Store today is Blu-ray quality motion pictures. Although we have licensed TV series as well, this content is planned for later this year.

We're also very excited to announce that we have licensed 4K Ultra HD movies with HDR, and these are also planned for later this year.

Because Fox movie content is all in Blu-ray quality, Disc-to-Digital is not possible for Fox DVDs. As John has already noted, we are also not able to offer upgrades from DVD to Blu-ray quality downloads for Fox content.

We're very pleased to have this great new content in our Movie Store, with more to come!

I'm very excited, generally. This would be even better if I could turn the subtitles off on the title I downloaded...

Okay, sorry about that. Are you seeing English subtitles, or some other language?

Also, if you don't mind (it will help us figure out the issue): what sort of player are you playing the movie on, and how are its language preferences set up?

For example, here are the language settings from my M500, which you can access through the Browser Interface by clicking the Settings tab, then the Components sub-tab, clicking the "Settings" button next to your player, and then clicking the Language tab at the top of the window that opens:

language_options.png

The corresponding settings are in the on-screen Settings place on Cinema One (second generation), Alto and Strato.

Back