• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Anyone know when K is getting Fox in the store?

Folks,
Any rumors regarding other studios joining (Paramount in particular).
Waiting also for Anchor Bay (I think they released Hateful 8, Django, etc)

K is constantly working to bring new studio's onboard, and expects to have additional announcements throughout the year.

Jim

I must say that the announcements have come to a crawl. I really thought that Paramount would have been on board by now. Really disappointing.

Anyone have any info if we will be getting 4K Fox titles soon? Im desperate for some new UHD content and Fox has some good ones.

Been a while (maybe everyone gave up!), but has anyone heard anything :

-Paramount
-DMA
-Fox UV

I realize I'm asking a lot, just curious.

Thanks!

I would like to know what is going on with Disney Movies Anywhere. I bought a lot of titles deliberately with the digital code anticipating them being useful someday. If K would just tell us it is coming or it cannot be implemented that would be fine.

I think just getting periodic statuses on some of these updates/studios would go a long way for improving our patience. Just stinks not having any idea if we are on target for these things in the near future or not. Not to mention how tough it is seeing people with the samsung UHD player have more quality UHD content while paying a dramatic fraction of the cost. Just give us what we are dying for K! :)

For me, it's as much an issue that there is NO response of any kind more so than giving me the answer that I want. Just tell us something.

Folks, as much as I might like to give you updates on this topic, if it involves contracts with outside parties, those are confidential and we are not able to discuss them until/unless something is announced by mutual agreement. Please know that we are working hard to bring you the best products and content that we possibly can.

Having worked with large companies that are nowhere near as paranoid and litigious as movie studios, I can say that sometimes things take a while to dot all the i's and cross all the t's. Legal departments have to sign off on everything, then they have to make the content available and there are engineering and technical issues. This isn't like Amazon agreeing to sell you something then you click add to cart and then one-click to pay and you have it. It might be that way on the consumer side, but on the B2B side, there is a lot of stuff that needs to be worked out.

Finally, any one of a multitude of things can hold up the roll out, which if one party announces a date, it looks really bad if they miss it due to some issue that is beyond their control but just might be a lawyer in an office who suddenly cooks up some crazy scenario that freaks out the content owner who wants assurances written into the contract that have to go to legal teams, etc. Remember, the studios are the ones who wanted to shut down the "analog hole" because they were afraid that people would take Blu-ray content and play it over component video and then record that even though there was and is no analog HD video recorder. They also required HDCP on our HDMI because they were fearful that somebody might record the uncompressed digital video coming out form the end of the cable instead of just pointing a video camera at the video screen. Hollywood can be VERY paranoid over these things - after all, they went to the US Supreme Court to fight against the VCR. I wouldn't want to risk my reputation to meet deadlines when dealing with getting studios to turn over content when a new deal is not yet live.

We have had assurances that the studios will all be onboard and Paramount is the last of the majors. I would expect it is just a matter of time. Unfortunately, we don't know what day that will be, but every day that passes puts us one day closer to what will come to pass.

Ok if Paramount comes on board that will be awesome. It will truly flesh out the store. But- where are the Bond films?

Back