• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

What's Your AV Setup?

:cool:

If you ever come this way (Florida), reach out and we'll play my home course (I live on the 15th hole at The Plantation at Ponte Vedra), and the TPC Player's course (That Par 3 17th is always fun!). (Can get on the course anytime, my Brother-in-Law is Web.com's business dev. VP.)

Sorry to go off topic!

Jim

Yeah,Sorry guys.Will keep any golf chat to pm's from now on.

Ian.

Getting ready for Trinnov Altitude for Dolby Atmos - so just yesterday updated the List.

Projector Sim2 Lumis Host
12 Foot Wide 2:35 Stewart Cinecurve Microperf 1.3 Gain with masking system.
ISCO 3 With Cinesilde
3 Aerial 20T’s Version 2 Front Left Center
3 Theta Prometheus Amps
Triad Platinum 6 Total (4 Sides Two On Back)
Theta Dreadnaught 6 Channel
Two Seaton Submersives Masters and Two Slaves (4 Total)
Theta Casablanca CB3 with 3 Extreme DACS HD with HDMI
QSC For Bass Management
Crestron AV2 with Ipad and Iphone For Remote Control
Oppo 105 Blu Ray Player
Logitech Transporter FLAC Music Player
Netgear 12TB NAS for FLAC Files
Lutron Light And Temperature Control
Richard Grey Powerhouse
PS Audio Power Play 9000
PS Audio Power Play Backup
Kaleidescape DV700 Vault
Kaleidescape 3 U Server (8 4TB Discs)
Tivo Mini
AppeTV

Mercury 5000HD (will be replacing in the next upgrade for the theater)
150" wide 2.35:1 Screen Research acoustic screen w/4 way masking
Genesis 6.1 (model) sound system in a 7.5 format (L, C, R, LR, RR subs)
4 Crown Amps
Lexicon MC-12B HD EQ
D-BOX 340c motion controller
D-BOX 4600p motion platform (back row)
D-BOX 4250i x 2 (front row)
Crowson Tactile Transducers (2) in granny seat
Crowson 300A amp
Fortress Cinema seating
Lumagen Radience scaler
DirecTV
Oppo 93 for HD-Audio
2 x Equi=Tech 5Q balanced power transformers
2 x Kaleidescape 3U servers (14 x 4TB in one, 5 x 4TB in the second)
Kaleidescape M500 player for the theater

60718.jpg

60724.jpg

60722.jpg

61276.jpg

Some of the theater forums have a gallery section. Might not be a bad idea to put on this forum.

Getting ready for Trinnov Altitude for Dolby Atmos - so just yesterday updated the List.

Would love to hear more. I am actually selling my Meridian 861 today and moving to a Trinnov ST as I start to shift the HT to the new house. (vs city today) Depending on how this goes, I would imagine there could be a Altitude in the future.

CJ

Projector Sim2 Lumis Host
12 Foot Wide 2:35 Stewart Cinecurve Microperf 1.3 Gain with masking system.
ISCO 3 With Cinesilde
3 Aerial 20T?s Version 2 Front Left Center
3 Theta Prometheus Amps
Triad Platinum 6 Total (4 Sides Two On Back)
Theta Dreadnaught 6 Channel
Two Seaton Submersives Masters and Two Slaves (4 Total)
Theta Casablanca CB3 with 3 Extreme DACS HD with HDMI
QSC For Bass Management
Crestron AV2 with Ipad and Iphone For Remote Control
Oppo 105 Blu Ray Player
Logitech Transporter FLAC Music Player
Netgear 12TB NAS for FLAC Files
Lutron Light And Temperature Control
Richard Grey Powerhouse
PS Audio Power Play 9000
PS Audio Power Play Backup
Kaleidescape DV700 Vault
Kaleidescape 3 U Server (8 4TB Discs)
Tivo Mini
AppeTV

Wow! very nice....love those 20T's, had them for two channel, but three up front has got to be an incredible experience. No doubt some of the best music speakers, but I was surprised at how good they are for movies.

Jim

We're told Trinnov Altitude not available until 1Q 2015, with special pricing available for early adopter per-order (but no pricing been mentioned yet).

Very nice setups fellas! Well done! Some really great gear here. I used to have a pair of Aerials - great great speakers :)

Heres my setup
Kservers:
3x3U servers 2 of which have 4th drives, the other with 2tb drives (collection just kept getting larger)
2xDV700 vaults

Most rooms have a M300 player.

Family room
Samsung 9000 series 70" LED LCD
Onkyo Receiver
Leon Speaker bar
REL small sub
M500 player / reader
Apple TV
Direct TV
Crestron Control

Library
Samsung 9000 series 70" LED LCD
Onkyo Receiver
Rotel stereo power amp
B&W PM1 speakers /no sub and don't feel bad about it!
M300 player
Apple TV
Direct TV
Dune media streamer
Crestron Control

Theater:
M700 vault/ player
Runco D50 with motorized sled and Schneider 2.35 lens
Stewart 2.40 screen with motorized sides. 13' wide
Lumagen Radiance
Meridian 861v6
Meridian 612 HDMI
Meridian 8000 x4
Meridian 7000 x3
Cinema Tech seating 1-9 humans
Crestron Control
Direct TV
Apple TV
Oppo Player
Dune Media streamer

Last edited:
Very nice Jerry!:)

Jim

We're told Trinnov Altitude not available until 1Q 2015, with special pricing available for early adopter per-order (but no pricing been mentioned yet).

That's nice B, hadn't heard about discounted preorder pricing. My initial discussion here indicates a price somewhere around $20K for the least expensive version (16 channels), but that has not been confirmed in writing.

Jim

Jerry, are you going to pension off all that Meridian gear and replace it with a Trinnov Altitude 32? Have we got a Trinnov dealer amongst our midst that might do a group buy?

That's nice B, hadn't heard about discounted preorder pricing...

That's something the Australian Trinnov distributor is crunching the numbers on at the moment, I should have early adopter pricing next week.

Not sure what Trinnov is doing in Australia, but here in the states, there is only one Trinnov dealer, Curt. In some respects pre Altitude Trinnov gear is on sale, courtesy of a weak Euro! I look forward to all you early adopters, working out the kinks! ��

I've stayed away from whats going on with high end gear the past few years. I'm really not knowledgeable on the Trinnov but I did look it up last night and briefly read a little on it and it sure looks interesting. I plan to learn more.

I'm really quite happy with the 8000s. I am thinking of going to a 5.0 system and removing the 7000s and replacing the 7000 vertical center with their newer 7200 HC. But thats like a year out.

Really nice pictures of Mr. Poindexter's setup.

.......Have we got a Trinnov dealer amongst our midst that might do a group buy?

Even we dealer's do not have firm pricing yet......but should soon.

Jim

Some of the theater forums have a gallery section. Might not be a bad idea to put on this forum.
OK, ask and you shall receive!

I've enabled "Albums" for all premium members and patrons. (This feature will eat up a lot of storage space on our servers, which i get billed for, so I'm going to limit it to the paying members for now.)

To create your albums and add photos, visit your "User Control Panel" (always a link at the top dark blue navigation bar) or go to: http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/usercp.php

If you're a member of the appropriate groups here (premium, patron, admin, or moderator), you'll see an option on the left called "Pictures & Albums". Click it and rest should be self-explanatory.

When you visit any user's Profile page, you will be able to browse all their pictures.

Please give me feedback if you like this feature.

--josh

Early Christmas gift

Expendables 3 in Dolby Atmos playing now from Kscape!

Attachments

• IMG_7128.jpg
    IMG_7128.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 58
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Congrats!!! Be sure tor give us your impressions.....please.:)

Jim

Back