• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

What's the one feature...

Unless I am misunderstanding how it works, using the scene setting tool is way too tedious of an approach for a concert disk with 10 or 15 different songs. Plus, it’s so much more elegant when Kaleidescape does it where you get the options for playing the main concert or disc, selecting individual tracks, or selecting extras.

that would really improve the experience?

For me it would be the ability to hide Collections (specifically - New, Played, Scenes, Scripts & Songs) from the Collections view, so that we wouldn't have to always scroll by them to see our collections (Animation & Kids, Company, Concerts, Demo, FYC, Movies and TV.)
Dolby Vision. The picture (color and contrast) is far superior to HDR10 in my opinion (when watching on an OLED television).

Was going through all my purchased movies last night, I had totally forgotten about some of them, so the ability to see all my movies on the wall, downloaded and not downloaded, maybe have the non downloaded ones greyed out so I know it is not downloaded. If you select one that is not downloaded it could give the option to download it. It would be nice to see them all while looking for something to watch.

Was going through all my purchased movies last night, I had totally forgotten about some of them, so the ability to see all my movies on the wall, downloaded and not downloaded, maybe have the non downloaded ones greyed out so I know it is not downloaded. If you select one that is not downloaded it could give the option to download it. It would be nice to see them all while looking for something to watch.
Even though we are generally picking out a movie before we even fire up the theater, I 100% back this request. Would be very useful.

What I had in mind is a new field, "Sort Title", which is different than Title. With other sources (such as Apple TV and Plex), "Sort Title", if defined, is used for sorting purposes when the OSD calls for sorting movies alphabetically. However, the Sort Title isn't displayed. The actual Title will still be used for display purposes. For example, I gave Star Trek movies the Sort Title of "Star Trek <year>" (after the original set of Star Trek movies, using roman numerals (e.g. Star Trek IV) no longer made sense. But, I don't want to see "Star Trek <year>" as the name of the movie in the OSD.
There's also the issue of, for example, multiple Batman series(es) and Spider-Men. If you want to separate Tobey, Andrew, or Tom - you gotta start getting creative with how you rename the movie titles. And then you throw Miles into the mix and it's chaos.

Say a little more about position — why do you need to do that, and where would you put them?
Mike, on recent titles, placement has seemed ideal. Having the ability to adjust size, brightness and color (so many dark movies these days!) would still be nice.

Last edited:
This one should be relatively easy: an option in the settings menu to auto pause when watching a scene. So many times when I'm demoing my theater to someone and showing off a variety of scenes, and I need to hit pause before the scene begins so my projector and audio processor both have a chance to get ready.

This one should be relatively easy: an option in the settings menu to auto pause when watching a scene. So many times when I'm demoing my theater to someone and showing off a variety of scenes, and I need to hit pause before the scene begins so my projector and audio processor both have a chance to get ready.
Personally, I would like to see some improvements in all playback startup (scenes, features, etc) to account for displays and/or audio gear that have to do some kind of re-sync.

In the meantime, though, if you're showing people a series of scenes, you might consider using the Second Screen app to control things. That way, one scene ends, the video pauses, and you can start another scene from the app without returning to the onscreen display, which is usually the transition that causes things to change the most in terms of video format and so on.

Personally, I would like to see some improvements in all playback startup (scenes, features, etc) to account for displays and/or audio gear that have to do some kind of re-sync.

In the meantime, though, if you're showing people a series of scenes, you might consider using the Second Screen app to control things. That way, one scene ends, the video pauses, and you can start another scene from the app without returning to the onscreen display, which is usually the transition that causes things to change the most in terms of video format and so on.
or a script?

If you always use the same demo scenes (and content is not spread across Strato/Premiere on a Co-Star setup), then Scripts are another great option.

That would work some of the time, but overall I'd prefer just to be able to set it to start off paused. I'll have to play around with the 2nd screen feature. I've never really used that.

If you have an M1 or M2 Mac, try running 2nd Screen on that.

Last edited:
That would work some of the time, but overall I'd prefer just to be able to set it to start off paused. I'll have to play around with the 2nd screen feature. I've never really used that.
It may not be an ideal solution, but you could create your own "pause" by creating a script with "Show a blank screen" as the first step and configure it to remain for a set number of seconds (i.e., the time it takes the AV gear to sync) or have it wait and do nothing until you hit the PLAY button.

Just a thought,
Andy

On second thought, that may not achieve what you want since everything will sync up for that blank screen, and then potentially sync again if the content you're playing is a different resolution/sound mode. Maybe worth some playing around with, but it may not work. Sorry 😳

Now that I think of it, I think it would be good to have a setting where you can always have it auto-pause whenever you play anything. I still have to hit pause before starting a movie if I want to see it completely from the beginning. Oftentimes I don't really need to do that since it's just a bunch of studio logos, but every once in a while a movie will just start in directly, and then I have to rewind. It probably shouldn't default to a blank screen since it might be hard to know when the movie is ready to show, so instead it might be good to have a screen that says "Ready to play" or something.

Now that I think of it, I think it would be good to have a setting where you can always have it auto-pause whenever you play anything. I still have to hit pause before starting a movie if I want to see it completely from the beginning. Oftentimes I don't really need to do that since it's just a bunch of studio logos, but every once in a while a movie will just start in directly, and then I have to rewind. It probably shouldn't default to a blank screen since it might be hard to know when the movie is ready to show, so instead it might be good to have a screen that says "Ready to play" or something.
I've often thought this would be a good idea.

Ideally, a setting that we could adjust on the player that would insert a predefined pause time that each user could set to match their display, and then automatically begin playback.

Another option, less seamless, would be to automatically enter Intermission mode with the movie artwork onscreen, and then when our displays sync, we can simply press play to start the movie.

Back