• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

What's the one feature...

I'd always wanted an option to have random trailers of the same genre play before the movie, or maybe a welcome to the Kaleidescape experience type short intro with surround (like the old THX days)

At minimum, an option to set the time before the actual movie starts. (like it switches over from the menu, but takes like 10secs after pressing play to go). Reason being projector video syncing isn't always so fast, so I want my picture to have enough time to catch up to the audio that's already playing.

I thought of another one.

I’d like to see Apple Pay as an option vs just using my Apple Card. I run everything through there, and if you use an official Apple Pay vendor you get 2% cash back vs 1% for using the card number.

With as much as I spend each month on movies, doubling my cash back would make a noticeable difference.

* Show me all the movies on the wall.
* More powerful and cloud-synced grouping management.
* Also UI things like sort by adjustments or automatic series presentation.
* More detailed playback technical details on screen on the Info tab.
* Higher resolution/sharper movie posters on screen.
* More consistently/lower pricing across movie studios in general and for D2D.
* More fill-in of missing DTS:X soundtracks on applicable films.
* More catch-up of 4K/HDR upgrades where disc or iTunes releases have been done.
* Criterion and catch-up of additional content holders to fill out the store more.
* More anime and "smart" animation in the store.
* The 1980s G.I. Joe: The Movie to go with Transformers!

Say a little more about position — why do you need to do that, and where would you put them?

Thanks for asking Mike!

At least for some titles, having the ability to move them closer to the bottom of the screen. As to why, it would be for the same reason as changing the brightness, color and size - an attempt to make them less pronounced/intrusive.

Say a little more about position — why do you need to do that, and where would you put them?

It's a feature the last few disc players I've owned had. While I enjoy the K option of always keeping subtitles in the movie frame, sometimes it's nice to be able to move them up off the very bottom of the screen, or other times the next can be harder to read so a size option can help.

Yeah, size I could certainly understand. Thanks for the added info about position. I will bring the suggestions to the team.

Thanks Mike. Other than position, I’d definitely like brightness control if size or color are harder to implement.

Thanks Mike. Other than position, I’d definitely like brightness control if size or color are harder to implement.
Adjusting the brightness of subtitles is probably my most desired feature as well, subtitles get way too bright, especially on OLED TVs. Really like the feature on my UB9000.

I'd like if the Collections feature could be more automated. Most movies already have the genre data to do it, and it's so tedious to go through movie by movie adding your own. Would love if K had a master-list of genre options, and from there you could turn on the ones you'd like displayed under Collection. (EX: Action [x] = boom, instantly filled with all titles in that genre. For something like Romance, I could leave unchecked because I don't need that collection displayed). Would be far easier to manually remove something you don't want displayed in there.

Yes, I know I can go to the List mode and click a genre to get them all listed in a row, but I would like to be able to view the collections with the full cover art and not a list, similar to how the kids movies display when using the Child remote.

Also, does anyone know how to delete custom collection names not in use? Pulling my hair out trying to find an option. Bought one of my units used so I have all these pre-saved personalized categories like Bettys favorite Christmas movies. lol

…Also, does anyone know how to delete custom collection names not in use? Pulling my hair out trying to find an option. Bought one of my units used so I have all these pre-saved personalized categories like Bettys favorite Christmas movies. lol
Two ways I can think of:

- Delete Collection and Edit Collection should be the first two options in the Collections view on the Stratosphere interface, or
- The browser has all of the Collections options. You can check all the movies you want to add or delete from a Collection, create new collections, check all the movies you want to move to a collection (and move them,) and more. Just be sure to wait until the browser progress bar completes before making the next change.

I would love to have the Kscape experience for exclusive streaming movies and shows, like the Mandalorian, Andor, ect.

Maybe Kscape could download the stream and allow cataloging of favorite scenes. On playback, the player would check that owner has subscription to Disney+/Netflix and allow playback of the downloaded content.

Looks like Modulus is trying something similar.

https://modulusmediasystems.com

Modulus claims to be current with all US laws, but they have not specifically reached agreements with services. If it actually starts shipping meaningful quantities, I would expect them to start getting locked out of a lot of platforms until they've negotiated agreements.

It's an interesting idea, but I think they have a LOT of hurdles to clear before it's viable, and it's already a pricey product.

Two ways I can think of:

- Delete Collection and Edit Collection should be the first two options in the Collections view on the Stratosphere interface, or
- The browser has all of the Collections options. You can check all the movies you want to add or delete from a Collection, create new collections, check all the movies you want to move to a collection (and move them,) and more. Just be sure to wait until the browser progress bar completes before making the next change.

Thanks. I always forget about the browser.
Wouldn't let me access and delete from the actual unit because the collections were empty. (maybe I could've if I temporarily populated them with something, but that would've been a lot of back and forth work since they had 50 pre-saved categories I wanted gone)

I know it will probably never happen at this point, but I'd love support for Movies Anywhere. There are times on vacation or just sitting in the back yard where I'm not in front of my K system and I (or another family member) wants to watch a movie and can't. I don't even care about being able to download content purchased elsewhere... I just want access to my large movie library on my other devices.
I only use the digital copies of my "Movies Anywhere" collection as downloads to my tablet when I am traveling. It would be great if Kaleidescape established a partnership with Movies Anywhere.

I’d like the ability to add bookmarks for disks that are not recognized. I have a fair number of concert and music DVDs and Blu-ray’s. For example, I have the Genesis box set. Some of the disks are recognized, and thus list each song and the extras. Other disks in the set have only the option to “play disc.”

I’d like the ability to add bookmarks for disks that are not recognized. I have a fair number of concert and music DVDs and Blu-ray’s. For example, I have the Genesis box set. Some of the disks are recognized, and thus list each song and the extras. Other disks in the set have only the option to “play disc.”

I understand it doesn't quite provide the same experience as having a “Play movie”, but you can create a favorite scene that is the entire movie which will skip trailers and ads, etc.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I do for those that I don't want to pay to be bookmarked, not the most elegant solution but it saves going through all the trailers etc.

I understand it doesn't quite provide the same experience as having a “Play movie”, but you can create a favorite scene that is the entire movie which will skip trailers and ads, etc.

Andy
Unfortunately, this does not work for Blu-ray Discs that are authored to the BD-J standard. You won’t be able to set a favorite scene on those discs at all if they haven’t been bookmarked by Kaleidescape using in-house tools.

Back