• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

What's the one feature...

ht guy

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
that would really improve the experience?

For me it would be the ability to hide Collections (specifically - New, Played, Scenes, Scripts & Songs) from the Collections view, so that we wouldn't have to always scroll by them to see our collections (Animation & Kids, Company, Concerts, Demo, FYC, Movies and TV.)

I know it will probably never happen at this point, but I'd love support for Movies Anywhere. There are times on vacation or just sitting in the back yard where I'm not in front of my K system and I (or another family member) wants to watch a movie and can't. I don't even care about being able to download content purchased elsewhere... I just want access to my large movie library on my other devices.

Perhaps it's because I've only been in the ecosystem for a year or so, but I'm still really excited and impressed with the experience as-is. Movies Anywhere would be great, of course.

I think my biggest thing is that I was slightly disappointed that all the automation features require yet another big purchase. I'd love to see Kaleidescape integrate directly with some products without the need for a control system. Lighting integration and projector lens memory/screen masking integration would be an amazing addition.

Perhaps it's because I've only been in the ecosystem for a year or so, but I'm still really excited and impressed with the experience as-is. Movies Anywhere would be great, of course.

I think my biggest thing is that I was slightly disappointed that all the automation features require yet another big purchase. I'd love to see Kaleidescape integrate directly with some products without the need for a control system. Lighting integration and projector lens memory/screen masking integration would be an amazing addition.
Integration with Google Home or Apple Homekit would be great, and being able to use Google Assistant or Siri to navigate...

I would like to be able to eliminate a box, so being able to browse YouTube, Netflix , Itunes... all on my K System would be great.

I hope we don't have to keep our selection to this side of the sun cooling, because I'd probably go with 3D playback. Sure, we're never going to get 4k disc support, but lacking BD3D really stings.

Here I go again :p Simply see my entire collection from the UI, downloaded, disc, not downloaded etc etc. And regardless of store purchase too just to be clear. That's the only thing that is REALLY hacking me off!

Ability to import more subtitles and/or use the subtitles from the Blu-ray version on the 4K version. My in-laws are Japanese, and when they come over there's almost nothing for them to watch.

I would love to see more options to parse the movie wall:

- ability to display collections on the wall itself
- ability to change the way we view the wall (space between tiles; number of rows on screen)
- ability to edit all this from the app

The wall looks very good, but its functionality is lacking

Ok, I've got one more:

in the Strato interface - Change the details page to be like the one in the store (for the same movie,) so that you can see if the movie has ATMOS, etc.
And to be clear, for the best video format, which sound format it is. Sometimes the HD version has ATMOS, but the HDR version doesn't.

To turn off the menu “fly out” while browsing titles. I hate this SoMuch that I have keep scrolling to avoid it. Blocking the two adjacent tiles kills me a little each time.
It used to always bug the **** out of me when it popped out when I was trying to get to the film to the left of it, but with the newer updates at least we can go left now even with the fly out. Definitely don't miss having to navigate all around it. :p

I forgot the absolute biggest grievance I have with Kscape: I'd like to be able to rewind a few seconds and not have to wait for the sound processor to re-establish the connection. I have to rewind an extra 20 seconds or so if I want to catch the little bit I missed.

I just deleted a post on this audio delay subject, I want to run some tests with other sources.

Jim

Fwiw, I don't have this issue when I use my Blu-ray player (Oppo 203) or the AppleTV 4K unit.

Back