• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Whatcha got

carajo

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
OK I think we may have talked about this a while ago but lets get an update on what everyone has:

I have the following:

1-5U server maxed with 400 GB drives
1-5U server with I think mostly 750 drives not maxed out yet
2- movies players
1- Bulk loader
1057 Movies
393 Albums
Enough room for 125 movies or 1400 albums

All rack mounted in a middle atlantic rack distributed to every room in my home via a component matrix switcher all controlled with an AMX system with touch panels in each room. All Touch panels get the video feed as well.

I love the new 3U servers they are real sleek but the 5U's are working great for me.

I have:

1 - 5U server filled with 750 GB drives - maxed out
2 - MP2s

about 925 movie titles loaded (a number of television series which take up a bunch of space)
and 460 albums

I have enough space for about 2 additional movies. I often delete movies to make room for recent purchases. My movie library is about 1250 titles and growing so I could certainly use a 3u at some point.

The 5u is set in the basement on a rack with other networking equipment. All movies stored in Slappa DVD cases in basement for easy access. Movie cases are located in the attic. Media room and master BR have the MP2s. Controlled by RTI T3 (media room) and RTI T2+ in master BR. I wish K would release IR codes for the filter command (alpha searching) so I could implement that on the RTI remotes. I sent them a mocked up alpha page for the T3 based on their template so all I need are the IR codes for alpha searching.

I'd like to eventually get 2 more players for a spare bedroom and the kitchen. Not looking forward to the cost of additional movie players, 3u and additional drives.

Mine's a pretty basic system. I have:
  • 1 5U server
    • 4x750gb + 7x500gb (one open slot - supposed to stay open for transport discs, but who's ever seen one of those?)
  • 2 MP1's
  • 1 Reader
  • 610 movies
  • 378 albums
    • (space for 46 more movies)
5U is in my home office, player in family room equipment rack and in master bedroom. Controls are from an in-wall Elan touchpanel and several Home Theater master remotes (i prefer hand-held and hard buttons to touch screens).

* 1 5U Server maxed out with 750 GB drives
* 1 3U Server with 4 750GB drives
* 5 movie players
973 Movies/ 719 albums with 789GB free for 117 movies or 1315 albums...

Back