• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Waiting to Import message

kes7u2004

Hello,

I've been too busy recently, and haven't used my system for a while. Went in to take a look the other day, and saw a message on the disc server '7 discs waiting to import'. I haven't loaded any discs into the system or downloaded any movies recently. This just showed up all of a sudden.

I tried to hit the 'OK' button, but no change. I also unplugged the system, but still no change.

Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance.

Kevin

Assuming this is a M700, you can go into the browser interface and pick the “Disc Vaults” tab to get further details about which disc are “trying to import” and maybe get additional details about what is happening. You could then eject these discs and reload to see if this clears the message.

John

Hey Kes. Did you end up getting your import issue resolved?
OK. Here is the deal.

I went in to the web interface and looked up the Disc Vault. All of my discs were showing Import Completed, EXCEPT for 8 discs, which were showing Catalog completed.

Interestingly, 7 of the discs were Marvel discs, which are required to play from the disc itself. The 8th disc was Bridge of Spies from Dreamworks, though!?!?!?!?

I proceeded to eject all of these 8 discs. I then reinserted them. I STILL have the same '8 discs waiting to import' message on the Vault screen.

I have not had a chance, yet, to see if any of these discs will even play... (Too crazy busy with work)

Kevin

Assuming this is a M700, you can go into the browser interface and pick the “Disc Vaults” tab to get further details about which disc are “trying to import” and maybe get additional details about what is happening. You could then eject these discs and reload to see if this clears the message.

John

(Sorry for the repost. Wanted to make sure you saw this, and if you had any other thoughts??)

OK. Here is the deal.

I went in to the web interface and looked up the Disc Vault. All of my discs were showing Import Completed, EXCEPT for 8 discs, which were showing Catalog completed.

Interestingly, 7 of the discs were Marvel discs, which are required to play from the disc itself. The 8th disc was Bridge of Spies from Dreamworks, though!?!?!?!?

I proceeded to eject all of these 8 discs. I then reinserted them. I STILL have the same '8 discs waiting to import' message on the Vault screen.

I have not had a chance, yet, to see if any of these discs will even play... (Too crazy busy with work)

Kevin

(Sorry for the repost. Wanted to make sure you saw this, and if you had any other thoughts??)

OK. Here is the deal.

Kevin

Even “Bridge of Spies” is a Disney movie. It sounds like you have done the “Opt-in” for Disney in the store. Once you do this, you can no longer import discs to your server - only download Disney titles from thr store.

John

Even “Bridge of Spies” is a Disney movie. It sounds like you have done the “Opt-in” for Disney in the store. Once you do this, you can no longer import discs to your server - only download Disney titles from thr store.

John
Got it.
Yes, I understood that when I opted in.
But it is only recently that all of a sudden they are listed as 'Waiting to Import' on the Vault screen.
Weird....
I suppose as long as they play, then no harm done!

Thank you.
Kevin

Got it.
Yes, I understood that when I opted in.
But it is only recently that all of a sudden they are listed as 'Waiting to Import' on the Vault screen.
Weird....
I suppose as long as they play, then no harm done!

Thank you.
Kevin

I never “Opted-in” to Disney so I don’t know what it should show on Disney titles that are owned prior to the “Opt-in”. Maybe others could chime in on whether this is normal.

John

Back