• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for November & December 2023

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1
From Giant Pictures
From Sony

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1(Spanish) from Paramount

Added in HDR/UHD/HD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from Twentieth Century.

Creator shows a an aspect ratio of 2.40 but it's actually 2.76. I sent In a change request to the support email.

Creator shows a an aspect ratio of 2.40 but it's actually 2.76. I sent In a change request to the support email.
It also has the annoying double letterbox bars - the regular black masking, then another smaller not pure black masking to get it to 2.76. It’s very distracting. I wish K could get the masking correct.

It also has the annoying double letterbox bars - the regular black masking, then another smaller not pure black masking to get it to 2.76. It’s very distracting. I wish K could get the masking correct.
Just curious, when you see the not pure black secondary masking, is it in the UHD version, or the HDR version?

I would imagine the extra bars are encoded into the video that way, whereas the normal scope bars are from K. So K may not have any control over that at all.

Just curious, when you see the not pure black secondary masking, is it in the UHD version, or the HDR version?
I noticed it on the HDR version. I downloaded the UHD version and it’s on both. I’ve only ever seen this on films on K. Women Talking has the same issue. I’ve never seen this on a streaming service or physical media.

Attachments

• IMG_1081.jpeg
    8.9 MB · Views: 36
agreed. my first watch, was abysmal for me because of it. i did some NLS config in my Envy for it, and the second watch i was able to pay attention.

but if they can play the movie, don't they support the aspect ratio?? So why wouldn't they just change the label?

It will come in handy for the 4k remasters of:
Battle of the Bulge
Ben-Hur
Hateful Eight
Its a Mad Mad World
Mutiny on the Bounty
The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm
Khartoun

On pre-order in UHD/HDR
From Sony
From Lionsgate
From Universal