• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for May & June 2024

Posted these in an old thread, here they are in the correct one.

Added in HDR/UHD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from NBCUniversal

Added in HDR/UHD with Dolby TrueHD 5.1 from Paramount

Added in HDR/UHD with DTS HD-Master 5.1 from Paramount

Added in UHD/HD with DTS HD-Master 5.1 from Paramount

Funny Woman (Season 1) (2023) in SD from PBS

Not often the UK store has a release before the US.
Added in HDR with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from MGM @ £49.99

Last edited:
Not often the UK store has a release before the US.
Added in HDR with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from MGM @ £49.99

Ouch. At that price they can keep it over there! LOL

Pre-order: The Watchers

Superman & Lois (Season 3) (2023) in HD from Warner Bros Discovery

Added in HDR/UHD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from Lionsgate

It really is dissapointing to see how many great , older movies is out on 4K discs , that we dont get on K .
It would be great if K would at least tell us " this and this title coming soon to K " or something like that .
I have like 12 or 14 4K titles in the shoping cart on Amazon . Will buy them in next couple of days , but if i knew they are coming to K ,
i would wait and buy them here .
What annoys me the most is this complete mystery and silence from K , which titles we will get in the future and which not . And also the reasoning , why some titles dont apear on K .

Shrek Forever After (2010) in HDR/UHD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from NBCUniversal (Previously HD)

I have like 12 or 14 4K titles in the shoping cart on Amazon . Will buy them in next couple of days , but if i knew they are coming to K ,
i would wait and buy them here .
If it’s a boutique label, a studio not on K, or not available on other digital stores, buy the discs. Have remaining titles come up in posts on the forum? If not, buy the disc(s). If it’s eligible for K and has buzz around it, add your voice with a request to movies@kaleidescape.com.

The Crow added in 4K SDR/HDR10 with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 from Paramount:
Yay!
D2D Digital Offer is $4.92.

What annoys me the most is this complete mystery and silence from K , which titles we will get in the future and which not . And also the reasoning , why some titles dont apear on K .
Yes, I've also made this point before on one of the other threads. The complete radio silence from K (except on what little info Mike is able to provide) is a major part of what makes it all very frustrating. There may well be legitimate reasons for why a certain title is not available - why can't they just say what it is. It would alleviate so much frustration and resentment and confusion. (Like, if "Godzilla Minus One" is available for *purchase* from other digital vendors... what in the world is preventing K from having it!)

(Like, if "Godzilla Minus One" is available for *purchase* from other digital vendors... what in the world is preventing K from having it!)

A licensing agreement. Which could be the result of many things.
  • Perhaps a studio simply doesn't understand Kaleidescape
  • Perhaps a studio doesn't trust that their IP won't be hacked out of a K in full disc quality and instantly in thousands of PLEX libraries
  • Perhaps a studio doesn't want their content released on anything above streaming, compressed quality to drive disc sales
  • Perhaps a studio considers it too small of a user base
Could be any of these, or any number of other reasons.

I'd love more communication from K on the "Coming Soon" list. I used to plan ahead at the video stores by looking at the wall while waiting in line to check out. I think K has limited resources for encoding and prepping assets than Apple has, so when things come in late or all at once, they have to prioritize, so it's probably riskier for them to put a release date on something. Could you imagine how bad they would be crucified on this thread if they missed a release date they had PUBLISHED? It's not worth it for them. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I do hope they're making continuous, constant efforts to negotiate contracts with additional studios to offer more content. But again, we're talking about legal, contract negotiations, so they're not really going to discuss them in a forum or on their website. What if negotiations fall through? Once again, damned if they do, damned if they don't.

K is in a tough spot being the niche market trying to compete and outperform the behemoths. I commend them for what they've been able to accomplish, and I have to trust that they continue to push for the best selection they can offer in the store. They give me no reason to not trust that, except of course, the evil laughter I hear in my height channels every time a K store search returns no results.

Added in HDR/UHD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from A24

Pre-order

The Grab (2024) in HD with DTS-HD Master 5.1 from Magnolia Pictures

Back