• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for May & June 2024

And - drumroll - the HDR download has HDR of the Extended (see screen grab below.) So something is mislabeled. And I wonder if there's a way to only keep the Extended version on my Strato so as not to take up extra space with both?
As you are viewing a Special Feature and not an Other Version, I believe the meta data you are seeing - including the HDR flag - is for the movie you are watching, not the Special Feature. Does your display show that it is receiving a 4K HDR image from the K?

As you are viewing a Special Feature and not an Other Version, I believe the meta data you are seeing - including the HDR flag - is for the movie you are watching, not the Special Feature. Does your display show that it is receiving a 4K HDR image from the K?
Ahhh interesting, I didn't know that's how that worked. Unfortunately it seems that my Anthem AV receiver does NOT display the video signal it receives. It shows the audio, but not the video (which is, frankly, stupid for an AV receiver that expensive.)

Ahhh interesting, I didn't know that's how that worked. Unfortunately it seems that my Anthem AV receiver does NOT display the video signal it receives. It shows the audio, but not the video (which is, frankly, stupid for an AV receiver that expensive.)
Really? My AVM60 does in the volume overlay, so I just need to tap the volume up or down a click to check.

Really? My AVM60 does in the volume overlay, so I just need to tap the volume up or down a click to check.
I have an MRX 540 and haven't been able to find a way to see the video signal info. I've pressed every button and menu option... can't find it. :mad:

But went to the web-browser set-up options and get this screen - see below. (Ignore the audio errors; I'm having audio problems with this thing.) But video says 3840 x 2160. I assume that's telling me the signal it's receiving.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 6
Best way to figure out is probably in the web GUI of Kaleidescape. When playing the extended version it shows what resolution the content is and what player sends out. Under 'HDMI Video Output Status' under video video settings.

Happened to search for furiosa and the pre order was displayed. Tried to buy it but there was an ‘unexpected error’ message returned. Is this just a matter of timing? I.e. it’s ready and waiting for a date/time or something else.

I had just picked up the chrome version of fury road and so can’t see it being a card issue. Maybe it’s my guilty conscience. I don’t typically buy the Warner big budget, overpriced (in my view) titles until they appear in a sale but I am looking forward to seeing this one.

Added in HDR/UHD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from A24

PRE-ORDER

Happened to search for furiosa and the pre order was displayed. Tried to buy it but there was an ‘unexpected error’ message returned. Is this just a matter of timing? I.e. it’s ready and waiting for a date/time or something else.

I had just picked up the chrome version of fury road and so can’t see it being a card issue. Maybe it’s my guilty conscience. I don’t typically buy the Warner big budget, overpriced (in my view) titles until they appear in a sale but I am looking forward to seeing this one.
odd, its worked now. just have to wait for its release.

Best way to figure out is probably in the web GUI of Kaleidescape. When playing the extended version it shows what resolution the content is and what player sends out. Under 'HDMI Video Output Status' under video video settings.
Final verdict: the Extended Version of "The Fall Guy" signal is HD only. Screengrab from K settings during playback.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 17
Added in HDR/UHD with DTS HD-Master 5.1 from NBCUniversal

Added in UHD with DTS HD-Master 5.1 from Lionsgate

Added in HDR/UHD with DTS HD-Master 5.1 from MGM

Clue (1985) in HDR/UHD with PCM Stereo from Paramount

Added in HDR/UHD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from Twentieth Century

Added in HDR/UHD with DTS HD-Master 5.1 from Sony Pictures

Spider-Man (2002) upgraded to 4K HDR with DTS HD Master Audio 5.1:

Whoo-hoo! This is K digging up one of their earliest 4K releases with a long overdue HDR update! My only regret is that I can’t buy it again to show how much I support this!

Maryland (2023) in SD from PBS

Mr Bates vs. The Post Office (2024) in SD from PBS

The Sympathizer (2024) in HD from Warner Bros Discovery

Whoo-hoo! This is K digging up one of their earliest 4K releases with a long overdue HDR update! My only regret is that I can’t buy it again to show how much I support this!
While it's nice to see them re-visiting older titles, I must admit I would much rather have seen them add the Atmos track that the disc already has.

The Young Wife (2024) in UHD/HD with DTS-HD Master 5.1 from Paramount

What You Wish For (2023) in HD with DTS-HD Master 5.1 from Magnolia Pictures

Preorder
I Saw the TV Glow (2024) in HDR/UHD/HD from A24 Films

Premium Rental
Challengers (2024) in HDR/UHD/HD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from MGM

What was new? I did not see anything on my Movie Updates list. I already had the HDR version, pretty sure I have had it for a long time.

What was new? I did not see anything on my Movie Updates list. I already had the HDR version, pretty sure I have had it for a long time.
I think it was only available previously in UHD (or as we say around here now 4K SDR). But yes I never received an Update either.

Back