• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for May & June 2023

Pretty sure you can cancel a preorder as long as the movie hasn't dropped.
Apparently it did! I know I clicked on Spider-Man on the rotating main page menu - but somehow it ended up at Mario Bros. And because it's an animated cover, I didn't notice it took me to the wrong movie when I hit "Order." Oy, it's funny how little interest I had in Marios!

Added in HD
from Showtime
From MGM(TV)

Pretty sure you can cancel a preorder as long as the movie hasn't dropped.
Two ways to cancel a pre-order:
  1. On the web store, go to Manage -> Account -> Purchase History. You'll see a "Cancel Pre-order" button on the order in question.
  2. On either the web or in the mobile apps, go to your download queue (Manage -> Downloads on the web, More -> Downloads on the app), find the pre-order item there, and remove it. On the web, click the "X". On mobile, swipe left. You'll be asked if you want to just take the movie out of the queue, or if you want to cancel the pre-order completely.
If you don't see the option to cancel, then it's either too late to cancel the pre-order, or the pre-order is un-cancelable (e.g., because it's part of a Content Set that included a pre-order; none of the current content sets have this, but it's possible).

Two ways to cancel a pre-order:
  1. On the web store, go to Manage -> Account -> Purchase History. You'll see a "Cancel Pre-order" button on the order in question.
  2. On either the web or in the mobile apps, go to your download queue (Manage -> Downloads on the web, More -> Downloads on the app), find the pre-order item there, and remove it. On the web, click the "X". On mobile, swipe left. You'll be asked if you want to just take the movie out of the queue, or if you want to cancel the pre-order completely.
If you don't see the option to cancel, then it's either too late to cancel the pre-order, or the pre-order is un-cancelable (e.g., because it's part of a Content Set that included a pre-order; none of the current content sets have this, but it's possible).
Thanks guys! Turns out "Marios Bros" was not a pre-order. It was just an order. I'm just puzzled how I ended up on that page when I clicked on "Spider-Man" from the main page menu. Oh well, things happen.

Thanks guys! Turns out "Marios Bros" was not a pre-order. It was just an order. I'm just puzzled how I ended up on that page when I clicked on "Spider-Man" from the main page menu. Oh well, things happen.
Pretty sure that I did the same thing but I noticed before ordering and put it down to finger trouble or timing. Went back and tried it again and it worked ok so no problem.

Now available for purchase in UHD/HDR & HD with Dolby Atmos
From A24
From MGM

Added in UHD/HDR & HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Magnolia Pictures

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Sony

Added in HD from NBCUniversal(TV)

Pretty sure that I did the same thing but I noticed before ordering and put it down to finger trouble or timing. Went back and tried it again and it worked ok so no problem.
Ok that's weird though. One of us can have a fat finger. But two of us getting a link to the same incorrect title is too weird to be a coincidence.

Ok that's weird though. One of us can have a fat finger. But two of us getting a link to the same incorrect title is too weird to be a coincidence.
Did either of you by chance tap the large banner at the top, or were you using the catalog lists below? The two titles were right next to each other in the banner that rotates current promotions. Perhaps it changed right as you were pressing, or you accidentally tapped the arrow AND selected it at the same time, essentially advancing to the other title and selecting it simultaneously, without realizing?

Did either of you by chance tap the large banner at the top, or were you using the catalog lists below? The two titles were right next to each other in the banner that rotates current promotions. Perhaps it changed right as you were pressing, or you accidentally tapped the arrow AND selected it at the same time, essentially advancing to the other title and selecting it simultaneously, without realizing?
I did tap the large banner. It's possible it happened at the split second it was changing.

I did tap the large banner. It's possible it happened at the split second it was changing.
Me too and I assumed it was something like that. As I said, I repeated it and it worked fine and so must have been timing or those fat fingers and indeed a coincidence. If there were a few more of us then I would think something was awry. No big deal for me because I did notice.

Added in UHD & HD with Dolby Atmos from Lionsgate

Now available for purchase in UHD & HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate

Now available for purchase in UHD/HDR & HD with Dolby Atmos

From MGM
Demo Script is ready, come and get it. ;)

Added in UHD & HD from Paramount(TV)

Surprised we haven't seen the new 4K version of Avatar yet. It is out on Disney+, so figured it would go live on K around the same time like other movies that hit D+.
Is the new Avatar any good? I have it downloaded but didn’t watch yet. It’s been a while since I saw the first one. I don’t remember much. Do I need to watch the first one again to understand the new movie?

Is the new Avatar any good? I have it downloaded but didn’t watch yet. It’s been a while since I saw the first one. I don’t remember much. Do I need to watch the first one again to understand the new movie?
We liked it quite a bit

We were the same and so we watched the original again and probably enjoyed that even more than we had remembered the first time around. We left it for a number of weeks and then watched the new one. Pluses and minuses I guess. I wouldn’t say that you need to have remembered the first one to enjoy the second but obviously you can appreciate how tightly and skilfully bound it is to the first. The disadvantage perhaps is that understandably you notice all of the similarities. The biggest disadvantage I suspect is that re-watching the first movie, we were blown away a little by the imagination and detail of the filmmaker’s vision. Detail seems too trivial a word really. Much of that impact is then lost with the second movie when you watch them closely together purely because it’s so fresh in your mind. We enjoyed both movies still but I know others were bugged by that.

The literal answer to your question is that you don’t ‘need’ to watch the first movie again because the key links are all explained/prompted, to maximise its impact as a movie maybe just watch it cold for that reason. To wallow in Pandora and Cameron’s imagination maybe watch both but I would personally still leave a decent gap between them but it’s all very subjective.

Now available for purchase in UHD/HDR & HD with Dolby Atmos from NBCUniversal

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Magnolia Pictures

Back