• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for May & June 2022

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from RLJ Entertainment

Available now for pre-order at the US store !!

Available now for pre-order at the US store !!

1.33 AR......

Jim

1.33 AR......

Jim
Probably the Best Presentation of any Sci Fi/Animation type movie I have watched and I dont even like Marvel much. This is a piece of 'Art' ignore the AR .... The Presentation is so slick... it shows how far we have come from the CGI in titanic of people walking one the ship deck to today... mind boggling and shows what's in store for the future.
And the movie is 4 hours plus so it took me like three sittings to watch all of it... But I plan to watch it again.... and then again when I change my projector...
I bought it on 4k Disc for like 35 dollars - and k is offering this as a upgrade for 4.92!! awesome...

Yeah, I'd forgotten about the AR discussion in the past. I respect todo's opinion, so I'll reserve judgement.:)

Jim

Yeah, I'd forgotten about the AR discussion in the past. I respect todo's opinion, so I'll reserve judgement.:)

Jim
And as much as I hate the 1:33 .... Jack Snyder, the Genius chose 1:33 - and it is very understandable why... the 1;33 in this amazing presentation keeps the eyes fixated to the center of the screen - eyes dont wander around like in a 2:40 presentation.
Most movies with such high element of CGI, the director would like your eyes to wander around to conceal the abnormalities due to CGI but Jack Snyder seems to be so confident of his material... that he chose 1;33 and rightfully so

Added in UHD and HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate

And as much as I hate the 1:33 .... Jack Snyder, the Genius chose 1:33 - and it is very understandable why... the 1;33 in this amazing presentation keeps the eyes fixated to the center of the screen
I saw the interview with him about the movie and the 4:3 ratio, he explained that he intended the movie to be played on a huge IMAX screen and not a home screen, your eyes would not stay fixed on a huge IMAX screen no matter the ratio. “My intent was to have the movie, the entire film, play in a gigantic 4:3 aspect ratio on a giant IMAX screen"

I sure hope this was a one-time thing and no one will follow his decision. I watched it on HBO when it came out, I will pass on this release, wasn't fun for me.

And as much as I hate the 1:33 .... Jack Snyder, the Genius chose 1:33 - and it is very understandable why... the 1;33 in this amazing presentation keeps the eyes fixated to the center of the screen - eyes dont wander around like in a 2:40 presentation.
Most movies with such high element of CGI, the director would like your eyes to wander around to conceal the abnormalities due to CGI but Jack Snyder seems to be so confident of his material... that he chose 1;33 and rightfully so
NHK‘s (Japan Broadcast Company) original proposal for HD broadcasting was 5:3 ratio (1.66:1). North America almost adopted this standard in 1993, it was supposed to be called Hi-Vision. There have been a handful of movies framed in this ratio. Paul Verhoeven’s Robocop, Kubrick‘s The Shining and Barry Lyndon comes to mind first. I thought this was a very good ratio and a good compromise. Some claim it is the golden ratio. I think 5:3 ratio would be a lot more suitable for JC but hey what do I know :)

In most cases we have had movies released at the K store at exactly the same day as the digital release on VOD platforms. I would therefore expect it on August 23rd.

Yes,........ but finally, now we have a date.

Maybe. The scheduled digital release shared with Vendors has already been pushed back at least once because of continuing strength at the box office, but this may turn out to be the correct release date, we'll see.

Jim

Maybe. The scheduled digital release shared with Vendors has already been pushed back at least once because of continuing strength at the box office, but this may turn out to be the correct release date, we'll see.

Jim
This is where I am. All the news I have seen are estimating when it “should” show up but nothing directly from the studio. We shall see.

John

Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind is getting a 4K disc release this month I believe… will that be upgraded in the store as well?

Back