• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for March & April 2024

JohnJ

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Here are the studio announced US BR releases and 4K releases for March & April 2024.

Dates are the disc release dates/digital release dates (dig).

March 5th:
The Prince of Egypt: The Musical – Universal (Already in Store)
The 355 (4K) - Universal (Already on Store)

March 12th:
Poor Things – Disney (Added 27 February 2024)
Wish (4K) – Disney (Already on Store)
True Lies (4K) – Disney (Already on Store)
The Abyss (4K) – Disney (Already on Store)
Aliens (4K) – Disney (Already on Store)
Anyone But You – Sony (Already in Store)
Kung Fu Panda (4K) – Universal
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (4K) – Warner Bros. (Added on xx)
The Color Purple (4K) – Warner Bros. (Already on Store)

March 19th:

March 26th:

The Iron Claw – Lionsgate (Already on Store)
Good Burgers 2 – Paramount
Primal Fear (4K) – Paramount (Already on Store)
The Book of Clarence – Sony (Already on Store)

April 2nd:
Cutthroat Island (4K) – Lionsgate
Major League (4K) – Paramount

April 9th:

April 16th:

Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan: Season 3 - Paramount (Already in Store)
Dune: Part 2 - Warner Bros. (dig) (Added 16 April 2024)

April 23rd:
Steel Magnolias (4K) – Sony
Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part Two (4K) – Warner Bros.
The Departed (4K) – Warner Bros.

April 30th:
Mean Girls (4K) – Paramount (Already on Store)
Mean Girls (2004) (4K) - Paramount

As always, I will update the dates as titles are added to the store.

John

Last edited:

Already in store.

Already in store

I hope we start seeing Lionsgate catalog titles at some point. K is great with their day and date stuff, but I feel like they are lagging on catalog lately. Sony is always slow for catalog but quick for day and date as well.

On pre-order in UHD/HDR & HD from Warner

Added in UHD/HDR & HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate

I hope they have an IMAX version of Dune: Part Two
On pre-order in UHD/HDR & HD from Warner

Added in UHD/HDR & HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate

They’ll have what the studio provides which will most likely be 2.40:1.

If they offer separate theatrical versions vs director’s / special / extended / unrated versions for other films, they should also offer different Aspect Ratio versions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they offer separate theatrical versions vs director’s / special / extended / unrated versions for other films, they should also offer different Aspect Ratio versions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the studio offers it, they’ll have it. Kaleidescape isn’t re-editing extended versions or directors cuts or pan & scan cropped variable aspect ratio unmatted versions. They distribute what they’re provided.

Added in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos from Sony(Columbia Classics 4K UHD Collection Vol 4)
($4.92 to upgrade from HD)

That is two from the new box set. But again, I'd love to see them do a bit more catch up on previous Sony 4K releases that have already been out a bit: The Raid Redemption, Stand By Me, Paprika, Heavy Metal, and Looper (missing HDR and Atmos) come to mind right off the bat.

That is two from the new box set. But again, I'd love to see them do a bit more catch up on previous Sony 4K releases that have already been out a bit: The Raid Redemption, Stand By Me, Paprika, Heavy Metal, and Looper (missing HDR and Atmos) come to mind right off the bat.
That Heavy Metal is an amazing update to the film. Been waiting for that one myself, have the disc.

It's funny you mention Sony Pictures bc I was hoping to see the Atmos version of The Woman King. When I checked a couple of weeks ago K didn't have the Atmos version. I checked today and they now have it in Atmos.

I'm still looking for NBCUniversal's Ticket to Paradise Atmos version to appear on the K store. Right now I have it as a 4k Blu Ray purchase.

Added in HD from Shout Factory
With Dolby Atmos

With DTS-HD MA 5.1

Point Break(1991) is available again in HD from Shout Factory
The Incredible Hulk(2008) is available again in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos from Disney

Added in HD with DTS-HD Stereo from MGM

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Sony

Added in HD with Dolby Atmos from Universal

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1(German) from Sony

Looks like we are getting Kramer vs Kramer in 4K. The banner is up but the title is not in the store yet.

Back