• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for July & August 2022

Speaking of pricing….. I guess the only discrepancy with Warner, is that they are overpriced compared to others….

Added for Premium Rental in HDR/UHD/HD with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from NBCUniversal…

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Music Box Films
Added in UHD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from MGM
Added in HD with DTS-HD MA Stereo from Warner/HBO

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Paramount

This was another disc released by Kino Lorber 4K back in March

out of curiosity what makes those new releases? they just became available on blu-ray?
They are new to K. They've been out on BD since 2015 & 2016 respectively.

If you have a suggestion for a better place to post catalog titles arriving late to the game on K, I am open to alternatives. I figure others would still like to know of their arrival.

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from A24

$22 upgrade price. Yikes. And people wonder why I see more and more clients going to Apple.

So $2 savings after already buying the standard HD version before. Super value.
I don't really understand all this discussion (on several threads and not only your statement).

Maybe I'm missing something and please let me know if I do.
I never get discount on a 4K disc if I previously bought the same movie on Blu-Ray, DVD or Laserdisc a couple of years or weeks earlier.

Isn't it great to save $2 when you already own it?

I happily bought the same movie for full price several times on Laserdisc and later the same movie again on DVD and later on Blu-Ray and later on 4K disc and now on Kaleidescape. The only time I got discount for already owning the movie was the latest on Kaleidescape. When I bought in 4K disc no one cared I already owned it on Blu-Ray (and several other formats)

What am I missing?

I don't really understand all this discussion (on several threads and not only your statement).

I never get discount on a 4K disc if I previously bought the same movie on Blu-Ray, DVD or Laserdisc a couple of years or weeks earlier.

I happily bought the same movie for full price several times on Laserdisc and later the same movie again on DVD and later on Blu-Ray and later on 4K disc and now on Kaleidescape. The only time I got discount for already owning the movie was the latest on Kaleidescape. When I bought in 4K disc no one cared I already owned it on Blu-Ray (and several other formats)

What am I missing?
I was going to post something similar. K is the first place that has given me any credit for a movie I had already bought.

Prior to buying K I had always been put off by the pricing and the download times (pre Terra). Loved the idea but it just felt too uncomfortable but I don’t think I had ever fully appreciated the D2D offers (good from some studios) or the frequency of the sales. This has seen me fill a server that I had expected to last years in months. So I have been pleasantly surprised still. I understand why everyone always wants more, cheaper and the Elvis, Batman, etc examples of silly pricing are there for all to see but there are also a lot of positives. More than I had expected, not least the value of the higher quality audio etc. We had slipped into the Apple convenience model and I now realise what we had been missing. So paying some premium for that seems OK. We each make our choices but at the eof the day the studios set the direction of the prices. Maybe I am in the honeymoon phase still but right now even this pricing looks cheap vs my energy bills. :(

Plus, we have had users complain that the Kino Lorber 4K disc titles were not available in the K Store. This seems like a very good step in the right direction!

John

Added in HD from NBCUniversal(TV)

Added in HD from NBCUniversal(TV)
It’s nice to see TV series showing up in a more timely way. I haven’t been tracking these ahead of time but just adding to the list when they appear. If K starts adding these consistently upon release I will start Tracking ahead of time.

John

What am I missing?
When you buy a disc, you own the disc and could either sell or give it away as a gift.

When you buy a digital download, it's not fungible. Paying another $20+ for the higher res does nothing except "unlock" the higher resolution.

There is a big difference between the two because of that.

Back