• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Update on Prima Cinema

Hi Joel,

Sooner or later pic's will appear, just a matter of time.

Don't know about resale, but it's a good question. I would think it wouldn't be an issue (other than vetting the new owner, etc). They don't really lose anything by allowing a resale, and obviously gain additional film sales, which presumably had slowed with the Seller.

Jim

Jim:

I am not so sure because as an owner of PC who wanted out I might be willing to sell it for $15,000 just to get out which, even at $35,000, would not be putting money in PC's jeans...I would be surprised were they willing to sell their licenses...

I could of course be wrong as all of this is pure speculation at this point...

Joel

Hi Joel,

Sooner or later pic's will appear, just a matter of time.

Don't know about resale, but it's a good question. I would think it wouldn't be an issue (other than vetting the new owner, etc). They don't really lose anything by allowing a resale, and obviously gain additional film sales, which presumably had slowed with the Seller.

Jim

Looks nice.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yIuA-N477w&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]PRIMA Cinema first run movies at DSI Entertainment Systems - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:
Yes, it looks good. However I'm the type who's happy to wait a month or 2 for the BR to come out, particularly if it saves me $35k-ish on new hardware!

BTW, I'm expecting Prima to make more announcements at Cedia in a couple of weeks.

It is a very, very unusual business in that they are THE ONLY company offering theatrical release movies for home use, and as far as I can tell, they'll have the market to themselves for a while yet. Will enough studios get behind them? Will enough rich customers buy the system? The answer should be yes to both, but only time will tell...

I wish Prima well, its good to see innovation that leads to a better viewing experience.

If Prima can deliver "better than BluRay" or hopefully 4K at some point in the future I expect they will be a success. If Prima can deliver to the international market they may well be very successful.

Supposed to be, but I have not confirmed it. I'll be there Friday.

Jim

Posts in the other threads on movie downloads reminded me about Prima Cinema; anyone know what is going on there? I see very little press on them out there, and as far as I'm aware the only content provider signed and sealed (and public) is still Cinedigm (independent movies distributor - probably nothing I would really want to see on release night at such a premium).

Were they at CEDIA?

PC is alive and well. Yes, they were at CEDIA. They are working to get full releases to start soon, some folks are already enjoying the service (to some extent still considered "Beta" (meaning improvements and changes are ongoing).

Jim

Yeah, I figured. In the video that is on Youtube I could only count titles mostly from Universal, plus one Weinstein and one Magnolia. Shame as to be attractive it really needs to be a "whole of market" service. Hope they can get more signed up as it will mark a changing of the times...

Back