• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Upcoming Premier Encore Merging

Thanks guys, so at the moment, I need to either wait for the software support, or buy a 1U and the M700 to use my existing bluray collection?

Thanks guys, so at the moment, I need to either wait for the software support, or buy a 1U and the M700 to use my existing bluray collection?

If you have an Alto, you can link a vault (DV700 or M700) to it and use the Alto to play Blu-ray discs from the vault. You just can't use the M700's internal player to play content when it is linked to and Alto.

If you have nothing but Stratos at the moment, there are two ways you could go:

1. Buy an Alto and a DV700 (or M700) vault. The vault holds the discs and the Alto is the player -- both for discs in the vault and via the Alto's own optical drive. As an added bonus, you can group the Alto with your Strato which would allow the Alto to play any DVD quality or Blu-ray quality downloads that are currently residing on the Strato (and vice versa: the Strato could play any DVD quality or Blu-ray quality downloads that are on the Alto).

2. Buy a 1U Server and an M700. The vault both houses the discs and acts as the player. This system remains separate and distinct from your Strato system until the Premiere/Encore merging feature is released by Kaleidescape.

If your aim is to be able to import Blu-ray discs and play them from hard drive, then a Premiere server is really the only option, and will remain so.

If hard drive playback is not a requirement for you, then the other option is to buy an Alto and a DV700. You could group the Alto with your Strato, so the Alto's storage could be used for downloaded Blu-ray quality or DVD quality movies that you could play on either player, leaving more room on the Strato for 4K Ultra HD and 4K HDR movies. And, the Alto can play DVDs and Blu-ray discs directly from the optical discs in the DV700.

Hope that helps!

(Looks like I neglected to refresh the page before posting my reply, because I didn't see Croptop's excellent answer before I wrote mine... :) )

Thanks Mike & Croptop. I have to say the whole situation is pretty convoluted and complex right now. Hope it gets straightened out soon with the software integration. As much as I want an Alto, I'll have to sit out for a while.

I'm waiting for this integration before I buy in to 4K

I think a lot of people are. I am for my home system....once the 2 are mergeable - I'm in.

Our office demo we will likely add a Strato as we already have an Alto and would like to be able to demo 4K in the demo theatre room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have also been sitting on the sidelines waiting for 4K. Once the integration occurs, I plan on adding several players to my home system...

Matt

It's the pacing item before I pay to have my remote reprogrammed to address some other AV changes I've made. Hope it happens this year.

It is still being worked on, and nothing has changed since the last statement a couple of months back that they were aiming for "mid-year." I've heard June mentioned, but not as an official statement. I doubt there will ever be a date certain on any new product or improvement going forward given the reactions of owners should that date slip.

Unless something unexpected cause a delay, I'm sure we'll see it this year, and sooner rather than later.

Jim

Does this eventual integration also mean the Strato would finally have access to blurays in a DV700? With the questions regarding control system integration (e.g. Having the playback integration handled by a control system switching inputs, etc), I hope they haven't abandoned the Strato/DV700 full integration with the hardware. SJ

Back