• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Ultraviolet library linking issues

maximus

Although I touched on this in another thread where people were experiencing lags in UV library titles not appearing in the Kaleidescape Library, I feel the response I received from K's tech support team warrants a new thread. I've had two titles recently that have not appeared in my library. The first was Justice League and the latest Jumanji movie.

Some forum members had suggested unlinking and relinking a UV library would fix the problem. When I did this, I was unable to relink my library and got a message stating "You have exceeded the number of different Kaleidescape accounts you can link to your UltraViolet Library. If you need help, please contact customer support."

When I contacted support with the issue, I received the following response:

"Thank you for your Inquiry.

We did get notification of a policy change from UV where they are now enforcing some account linking restrictions that they didn't previously. There is a code change that we need to make on our end to correct this.

As a result, the linking is temporarily broken while we make the necessary changes to be compatible with the changes that UV made. We hope to have this done within 1-2 weeks."

They are aware of the issue, but I wanted everyone to know in case they were experiencing the same issue or were about to unlink their library for the same reasons I did.

Thanks for posting Max!

Jim

I purchased a unit 10 days ago and from the moment of setup have been having the issue of linking to UV. I was told by support that the update that was pushed through last Friday would have fixed the issues with the store. However, still no luck with linking. Is there anyone else that is having this problem?

It’s still an issue. I was contacted by tech support Friday with the same info and was told it was resolved. No such luck. Waiting on a follow-up since I let them know.

While not exactly the same, the UV system is quirky right now. I noticed other (FandangoNOW and Vudu) UV retailers are changing over to Keychest (Moives Anywhere).

Further, my UV purchases are showing up on the my UV library but are being ported over to every other UV compatible service.

Can some one share some transparency on this policy change?

Thanks

While not exactly the same, the UV system is quirky right now. I noticed other (FandangoNOW and Vudu) UV retailers are changing over to Keychest (Moives Anywhere).

Further, my UV purchases are showing up on the my UV library but are being ported over to every other UV compatible service.

Can some one share some transparency on this policy change?

Thanks

Vudu are still carrying UV titles - they have been offering both since the introduction of MA.

Maybe I'm missing something here Bill, but isn't that exactly what is supposed to happen with UV? - referring to your second sentence. Or did you mean to say "aren't being ported......"?

Vudu are still carrying UV titles - they have been offering both since the introduction of MA.

Maybe I'm missing something here Bill, but isn't that exactly what is supposed to happen with UV? - referring to your second sentence. Or did you mean to say "aren't being ported......"?

Nope I meant that. I bought 12 Strong and it didn’t show up on the UV Library (locker)site but it appeared on Vudu and FandangoNow.

What should happen is the purchase appears on K, in my UV library and then in Vudu et al. Not leaving out the UV Library website.

I waited a bit this time and my UV locker jumped 39 movies- just believe me it’s quirky.

I am acutely aware of how it should work, but that's not what you said in your original post. How you described what is happening, is exactly how it should work (appearing in MyUV and porting to other UV compatible services).

Anyway definitely something funky going on, because that title (12 Strong) isn't being offered in UV on FandangoNow - only MA - hmmmm!!!

I am acutely aware of how it should work, but that's not what you said in your original post. How you described what is happening, is exactly how it should work (appearing in MyUV and porting to other UV compatible services).

Anyway definitely something funky going on, because that title (12 Strong) isn't being offered in UV on FandangoNow - only MA - hmmmm!!!

ha- so much for proof reading- my bad. “Aren’t”

More things to suggest how UV is diminishing and MA is the future. Really hope K is working hard and getting traction with MA.

So found this out.. Movies Anywhere movie transfers work a little differently than UltraViolet or Disney Movies Anywhere did previously. Any UltraViolet and Movies Anywhere compatible titles obtained directly from Vudu will export to both linked services. Imported content from UltraViolet will also export to Movies Anywhere as long as all services remain linked and the title is Movies Anywhere compatible; however, titles importing to Vudu from Movies Anywhere will not export to UltraViolet, even if it is an UltraViolet compatible title.
Hopefully this sheds some light on how movie transfers work

Yeah that is how they have worked from the beginning when Movies Anywhere launched, you need to purchase directly or redeem a code in vud to get ultraviolet and Movies Anywhere rights, it work for all the main studios except Disney, Fox and Universal as they have went to Movies Anywhere exclusively...

Yeah that is how they have worked from the beginning when Movies Anywhere launched, you need to purchase directly or redeem a code in vud to get ultraviolet and Movies Anywhere rights, it work for all the main studios except Disney, Fox and Universal as they have went to Movies Anywhere exclusively...

I had an iTunes account and I bought a bunch of movies through Apple (before the Strato). When I linked my iTunes and Vudu to Movies Anywhere, my movies ported over to Vudu. Since, some of these movies were UV compatible, they ported over to my UV locker, and then into my Strato. They shut down this tranferring about mid march 2018. However, there was no public policy change, that I am aware of, nor were users notified to what changes were made.

It was a nice way to get movies at a lower price, but I knew that wouldn’t last.

The vudu rep specifically wrote “If you redeem a title on Movies Anywhere, the title will import to Vudu, but it will not go through your UltraViolet account.” AND indicated that this is a Movies Anywhere policy. Even if the title shows the UV logo.

The vudu rep specifically wrote “If you redeem a title on Movies Anywhere, the title will import to Vudu, but it will not go through your UltraViolet account.” AND indicated that this is a Movies Anywhere policy. Even if the title shows the UV logo.

Yes that is correct, it would transfer to UV library for a few weeks after Movies Anywhere launched but it was actually a glitch and wasn’t suppose to then they fixed it so since about 2 weeks after Movies Anywhere launched you either have to purchase directly on vudu or redeem on vudu to get both UV and MA...

I had an iTunes account and I bought a bunch of movies through Apple (before the Strato). When I linked my iTunes and Vudu to Movies Anywhere, my movies ported over to Vudu. Since, some of these movies were UV compatible, they ported over to my UV locker, and then into my Strato. They shut down this tranferring about mid march 2018. However, there was no public policy change, that I am aware of, nor were users notified to what changes were made.

It was a nice way to get movies at a lower price, but I knew that wouldn’t last.

You can get many movies for cheap buy just buying the UV code... redeem at vudu and it wil port, I buy a a lot for $2 to $3 bucks also you can do Mobile disc to digital with the Vudu app and scan barcode and it will give you digital copy for $2....

You can get many movies for cheap buy just buying the UV code... redeem at vudu and it wil port, I buy a a lot for $2 to $3 bucks also you can do Mobile disc to digital with the Vudu app and scan barcode and it will give you digital copy for $2....

That’s what I do now. Then in the K store I opt for the UHD digital offer. $17 ($2+$15) for UHD vs $36 from you know who.

Back