• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

UI Improvements in the Movie Store

Why would change in a HDR/4K badge affect a custom cover? Aren't those two completely separate things?
The badges are embedded in the custom cover (i.e. the system does not overlay that separately).

Andy

The badges are embedded in the custom cover (i.e. the system does not overlay that separately).

Andy
But as its just for you to look at - do you really need to change them? i.e. you know the background etc.

Andy
I'm not sure I understand. How do you customize your cover? I preferred to haver the HD/UHD/HDR badge in the upper right corner, instead of lower, which is K's default image. So I found the movie poster I liked, added a HD/UHD/HDR badge up top, and then upload the JPEG: and that custom cover is what I see when I launch K.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 5.50.39 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 5.50.39 PM.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 19
But as its just for you to look at - do you really need to change them? i.e. you know the background etc.
I never needed to change them the first time, but I'm a nut so I'll likely change them again 😭

Andy

I'm not sure I understand. How do you customize your cover?
It sounds like you customize your covers the same as me, except I choose to leave the badge in the same place as K.

Andy

There is a big problem with the Video Quality filter in the new interface. In the old interface, the HD setting was labeled "HD or better" and filtered out only SD titles. You could still view titles that were available in one of the 4K formats. In the new interface, the HD setting filters out all formats other than HD and titles available in one of the 4K formats aren't displayed. So the only way to display both HD and 4K titles is to clear the filter, which results in a bunch of unwanted SD titles being listed. Would it be possible to restore the former functionality?
Any response to this?

I like the new way. I like to be able to see HD titles separate from 4K titles. Now you can sort by each resolution. Just My opinion…

John

There is a big problem with the Video Quality filter in the new interface. In the old interface, the HD setting was labeled "HD or better" and filtered out only SD titles. You could still view titles that were available in one of the 4K formats. In the new interface, the HD setting filters out all formats other than HD and titles available in one of the 4K formats aren't displayed. So the only way to display both HD and 4K titles is to clear the filter, which results in a bunch of unwanted SD titles being listed. Would it be possible to restore the former functionality?
Which interface are you talking about: Mobile App, Web, or K? I don't see any changes in the content that's filtered on the web. Perhaps you're seeing all of the HD tags and assuming there's no 4K titles in the mix?

Last edited:
Which interface are you talking about: Mobile App, Web, or K? I don't see any changes in the content that's filtered on the web. Perhaps you're seeing all of the HD tags and assuming there's no 4K titles in the mix?
The web store. Have a look at this screenshot:

1714689809346.png

You can see that every movie is presented with an HD copy only even though all of them are available in 4K. Under the old UI, when you got HD or Better as an option, all of these would show up in the 4K version.

Back