• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Two solid green network LEDs and no network connection?

bdo21

I have a Terra which is only a couple of months old and I came to play a movie today and found it wasn’t connected to the network. The network LEDs on the RJ45 socket at the back are both solid green. I have tried different cables and network ports and I have turned the power off a couple of times to no avail.

I have emailed support but in case anyone has any ideas over the weekend when Kaleidescape is not around, please let me know!

Thanks!!

You tried everything I would have suggested. Hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

Good luck,
Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See the 18Tb compact terra server thread. It sounds like the same/similar symptoms I had. Something that worked for a number of times before giving up the ghost entirely was to :

Remove the Ethernet cable
Power down (I always leave it for 2 mins before next step)
Power it back up and let it run through its boot up
(Hopefully you will hear the normal boot up sounds (again give it a decent amount of time to complete that (couple of mins)
Then plug the Ethernet cable back in.
Crossing your fingers helps emotionally at this point.

This seemed to recover the server for us a number of times and then worked fine to watch movies. Note that if I didn’t remove the Ethernet cable it wouldn’t recover. It would then disappear again though but it was usable at least.

I can’t tell you that this is your issue but it worked for us in similar circumstances.

Eventually though after weeks even that stopped working and they are now mid replacement.

Care - I can’t say that this is the same obviously.

Good luck.

Contact your dealer, it will be replaced.

Jim

Back