• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strato C + Lumagen Radiance Pro

Yes.
I bought the Keces 18 months ago for quite a bit less, and have that on the Lumagen.
I got the Teddy Pardo for the C in January (after I saw the price increase on the Keces.) I don't see a need for one on the Terra, so just on the external power supplied devices that send signal to the pre/pro.

You use that with your K gear? Just your Strato? I'm curious to hear more. I'm really intrigued to try one on my Strato C, see if I notice any difference/improvement, and make some video content on it. That Keces is $800+, but I've seen some linear/toroidal supplies for like $500. The Teddy Pardo mentioned in another thread, for example.
Did you ever end up trying the Teddy Prado on your Strato C? Were you able to figure out your humming/buzzing issues mentioned in another thread? Thanks!

I have not yet bought a replacement power supply. Maybe someday I will, we'll see.

I have two kinds of buzzing in my systems though, so not sure which you're referencing. My Strato S was buzzing as the internal HD noise was being picked up in my system and propagating to my speakers. I've sold the S a while back though, and I have a C/Compact Terra now. That combo has no noise to it.

The other buzzing was related to a combination of a certain speaker model I have and a certain amp model. Those two together create audible buzz. I'm planning an eventual amp change out.

Sorry, LPS. Linear power supply, i.e. Keces P8.
Gotcha. I am also using linear power supplies on my Strato C, Premiere M300 and Lumagen Radiance Pro 5348.

I have tried Keces P8, P6, iFi iPower, SoTM sPS-500 and a few others. I am a power engineer. I design industrial and utility scale energy generation, distribution, transmission and storage systems for a living. We typically deal with medium and high voltage (35kV+) but our control & monitoring systems, protective equipment (very high accuracy sensors) are all low voltage DC. I can’t say neither of these power supplies are significant improvements over stock power supplies. I bought quite a few expensive power conditioners too. I currently have an Audioquest Niagara 7000 in my rack. I buy these equipment to experiment and to see if there is anything clever in them. So far nothing really stood out. They all cut corners when they can. They improve on ripple voltage and some filtration of high frequency noise. Not every device care for low ripple voltage or high frequency noise on the mains. The Niagara 7000 has a capacitor bank for power factor correction. That’s nice.

I am likely going back to switching power supplies for their much higher efficiency. I am also considering designing my own device specific power supplies since I can’t find anything I really like in the market. If anyone is interested in the power supplies and conditions I have, feel free to reach out. They are all in excellent condition with manufacturer’s box and all accessories.

Yah, I've since sold the Teddy Pardo I got for the C, particularly as that signal goes through the Lumagen.
Keeping the Keces on the 5348 in an attempt to further lower jitter.

Back