• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strato C & Harmony Elite

Interesting. I guess that’s done by default on the M 500 harmony device. I don’t recall having to map the physical buttons ever before. OK, I’ll certainly try that out and report back. Thanks!

Thanks so much for the suggestion. That was it. Works flawlessly now. I completely forgot about the button configuration functionality in the Elite. Everything works perfectly and all with the flashers that came with the remote. Outstanding! Thanks everybody for all your help!

Thinking about a harmony remote- can you plug in an IR emitter in to the back of the Strato from the Harmony hub? and if so, can someone link to a cable that will allow me to do this and connect it to a Marantz receiver?

Thinking about a harmony remote- can you plug in an IR emitter in to the back of the Strato from the Harmony hub? and if so, can someone link to a cable that will allow me to do this and connect it to a Marantz receiver?
To connect a Strato (or other Kaleidescape player) to the Harmony Hub's IR emitter ports, you just need a standard mono cable. The trick is that the connector on the Strato is a 3.5" female connector but the port on the hub is a 2.5" connector.
So you need a mono cable:
and a 3.5" female to 2.5" male adapter:
(You could also buy a 2.5" mono cable and a 2.5" female to 3.5" male adapter instead).

I'm not sure what you mean by "...connect it to a Marantz receiver". Are you asking how to connect the Marantz receiver to the Harmony Hub or are you trying to use the Strato as an IR repeater (i.e. Harmony Hub IR -> Strato -> Marantz)? If the latter, that isn't possible. The Strato's IR port is strictly a receiver.

You *could* use a multi-head IR blaster cable similar to the one I posted a link to earlier in the the thread. You connect the cable to the Harmony Hub and then run each of the emitters to a different device.

I use an Elite with my Strato with no issues. I also had Harmony redo a lot of the profile for the Strato remote in their database as it was a mess before. So the buttons are definitely better now (though not perfect).

Back