• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Store "Hole" Feedback

TrackZ

Hello. I'd like begin another data feedback project. This one involves existing content in the store.

What I'm looking to identify and compile is "holes" in the store. I'm defining a "hole" as something like the following:

- A movie is missing from a series or collection
- A major movie from a supported studio is missing
- A movie in a series is only SD when a Blu-ray is available or HD when a 4k Blu-ray is available
- A movie has had a remastered or re-encoded release, but the store appears to have older assets
- Identifying other oversights, missing, or stale elements

Details are helpful. Adding a link to the entry in the web store, if pertinent, is also helpful.

I am NOT looking for suggestions for new studios in this thread. I am also NOT looking for a list of titles needing immersive audio codec upgrade. That's well known and being handled.

Reply here with your feedback please. Thanks!

The following movies are only available in DVD quality while there is a BR disc available. All of the below BD movies are in my vaults.

1)Miss Congeniality:added 30.06.2020
2)Miss Congeniality 2
3)Timecop
4) The Amazing Story of Superman
5)Superman II - The Richard Donner Cut
6)Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
7)Sex and the City - The movie
8)The Game
9)His Girl Friday
10)Anatomy of a Murder
11)Chances Are

And quite a few Eagle Rock concerts are missing as well.

Thanks,

Kostas

Last edited:
For me the subtitle as I mention before in ur first survey is my hole in the store as the immersive part resolve and I am so happy about what happen today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar to Kostas: The following movies are only available in DVD quality while there is a BR disc available. All of the below BD movies are in my vaults.

1587761183545.png

There are also a number of US and UK TV series that have only sporadic or no availability:
1587761462795.png

I am sure this is only a partial list after a quick check. I will look further over the weekend.

Wayne

I have also noted the K. Store release of "Night of the Living Dead (1968) is vastly inferior to the Criterion release that came out in 2018. Image quality is not in the same league. As far as Extras - It is hard to compete with Criterion. Would be nice if the image quality of the movie itself could be upgraded.

Wayne

Last edited:
Adding HBO will be great addition to the store forget to mention it but I think they have great thing to be in the store even netflix original some of them deserve to have it in pristine quality that K provide

Friends,

Please read carefully @TrackZ post:
"I am NOT looking for suggestions for new studios in this thread. I am also NOT looking for a list of titles needing immersive audio codec upgrade. That's well known and being handled."

Stay safe,

Kostas

Friends,

Please read carefully @TrackZ post:
"I am NOT looking for suggestions for new studios in this thread. I am also NOT looking for a list of titles needing immersive audio codec upgrade. That's well known and being handled."

Stay safe,

Kostas

Opps missed this sorry

60 concerts/Audio BD that I have in my vault but were not made available to Kaleidescape from participating studios:

Sony Music, Image Entertainment & EMI

Eagle Rock & Eagle Vision

Paramount

Universal Music

Time Life

Summit Ent.(Lionsgate)

Warner Music, Warner Bros & Rhino Music

Last edited:
The above is a great list of concerts. I am going to have to go through my vault and see if I have any to add.

One comment - “Bruce Springsteen & the E-Street Band: London Calling: Live in Hyde Park” used to be available on the store (I have it downloaded) but is no longer listed.

John

The above is a great list of concerts. I am going to have to go through my vault and see if I have any to add.

One comment - “Bruce Springsteen & the E-Street Band: London Calling: Live in Hyde Park” used to be available on the store (I have it downloaded) but is no longer listed.

John
Shame I missed buying this one, I usually buy the concert "upgrades" as soon as they show up. And if the above concerts/music BDs show up I will buy them immediately.

Just FYI, I also noticed that this Bruce Springsteen concert from Sony/Columbia is no longer available on the store but I have it downloaded.

70 concerts/Audio BDs that I have in my vault but were not made available to Kaleidescape from participating studios:

Here are my additions to @telem list above. I got to the limit of characters allowed per post so had to delete out most of @telem post to make room. I would have liked to have all the titles (with links listed in one post.

Sony Music, Image Entertainment & EMI:

Eagle Rock & Eagle Vision:

John Mayall has now been added:

Universal Music:

Shout Factory/Cinedigm:

Just for completeness, I have added in other concerts from Studios NOT in the Store. These can vibe ignored for the original purpose of the thread

Other Studios:

The Beach Boys: Live in Concert: 50th Anniversary Blu-ray Release Date November 20, 2012

John

Edit: I accidentally posted initially before I was complete.

Last edited:
Shame I missed buying this one, I usually buy the concert "upgrades" as soon as they show up. And if the above concerts/music BDs show up I will buy them immediately.

Just FYI, I also noticed that this Bruce Springsteen concert from Sony/Columbia is no longer available on the store but I have it downloaded.

Well, I missed that one!

John

;)

I managed to fit everything by deleting and editing some studio names, you can check and if OK delete your post. Up to you !

I just saw your edit and additions, thought you were done.... Sorry for the trouble

I just saw your edit and additions, thought you were done.... Sorry for the trouble

Not your problem, It’s a limitation of the new forum and I liked your whole Long list of concerts/music. We have a lot of overlap but there are some interesting ones in your list that I need to check out.😀

John

Not your problem, It’s a limitation of the new forum and I liked your whole Long list of concerts/music. We have a lot of overlap but there are some interesting ones in your list that I need to check out.😀

John
same here! and thanks for posting Shout and Other Studios I have all of those as well. I will edit and revert to my initial post.

Back