• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Sound format info on movie card

SimonSays

When pulling up the movie card (is that the correct term?) on the system, it shows text like "DVD quality download", "Color", etc. But no info on which sound quality is available.
Can we get a section on the movie card where we get the symbols for the video format (like on the K Store) plus the sound formats? Sometimes I really feel like finding a movie on K with a good Atmos track, but I'd have to go onto the K website and find it there.

Furthermore, that first line of text where all the info about the movie is, is a mess. As suggested above, please break it up into sections, maybe rectangles, where the information is presented in a standardized format.

Does that make sense?

Makes total sense… it would be nice to see the Atmos logo or whatever on the details page considering all of us here bought our systems wanting to know those details.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...and we don't need a listing of all the audio tracks, just the best available, agreed?

...and we don't need a listing of all the audio tracks, just the best available, agreed?
I haven't really checked how many there CAN be on any given movie, but I'm guessing best in Dolby and best in DTS? Are there any audio tracks not mixed in either of those 2?

PCM audio tracks are also available on many Kaleidescape titles. For audiophiles playing back through a high end 2-channel system PCM Stereo may be the preferred audio format. PCM tracks are uncompressed.

To add to this, I'd like to see a built-in Atmos collection that automatically includes titles with an Atmos track.

To add to this, I'd like to see a built-in Atmos collection that automatically includes titles with an Atmos track.
You can search by “Atmos” and the search comes up the following lists of movies:

Dolby Atmos (HD)
Dolby Atmos (4K Ultra HD)

That give you all titles in Atmos in either HD or 4K.

John

+1 to this. The Movie Details pages on device in the store area are much superior to the ones in the library view with more information and better icon use. :)

You can search by “Atmos” and the search comes up the following lists of movies:

Dolby Atmos (HD)
Dolby Atmos (4K Ultra HD)

That give you all titles in Atmos in either HD or 4K.

John

That's a great tip for the store. I didn't realize that those existed. I was actually talking about collections on the player's OSD, like the previous "Blu-ray and HD" collection on premiere players, and the Ultra HD collection on the Strato. Those are both gone now, but something like that for Atmos titles would be great.

I agree with the other posts, too. At least having aving audio track information on the movie details page would be much appreciated. Lots of folks in this forum care just as much about audio quality as video quality.

Yep, I should have re-read the beginning of the tread. My only concern about K collections is that I want them either kept to a minimum or have a way to opt-out (I have a ton of my own collections).

John

Back