• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Someone has to develop a Kaleidescape driven Bass-Eq auto system...

CINERAMAX IOPH

Has anyone given consideration to developing an application that takes the movie playing now information and compares it to the database of BASS EQ to apply the filters on the fly via presets?

It is more than obvious that a great deal of titles in the Kstore would benefit from such playback enhancement.

During the next few years all traditional SIMO bass management will transition to MIMO bass management, it is an exciting Tectonic change that will require speaker redesigns to have more dynamics and more robust bass response multiple largish woofers per channel will exploit the room cross multi mode fashions, now all you channels will be running full range, the Trinnov processor's 3D microphone has some serious superiorities over other companies over Schroeder frequencies but Dirac has been working on something called spatial room correction since 2014 and this will be introduced at CES. If it works as advertised it will be a game changer.

I interjected the question into a Keith Yates chat in minute 1:34:45: it is a coming thing.
So the tectonic plate change in the way we do bass management coupled with the arrival of aes67 makes it very tempting to add a second surround processor to handle the bass ahead of the Altitude.

I discuss about it in ASR.

In this post I discuss the humongous benefits in realism when infrasonics are added to a home cinema.

So now that Infrasonics are accessible for high end home theaters, and by the way here is a fantastic way to implement infrasonics with very high efficiency in the single digits and in a fashion you don't need an acoustician as the woofers are positioned just outside of axial nulls, so this is a magnificent invention of mine :D :D if I can say so myself.
STEEL+TESTAROSSA.png

This Platform ( I call it that instead of riser as it is made of steel and has d-box reinforcement) is Testarossa inspired.

CINERAMAX+PININFARINA+copy.png
testarossa+poseidon.jpg

pinin+2.png

layout 804 module.PNG
image+(2).png
testa.PNG
Two Ascendo 24" ULF inside the Testarossa Viewing Platform will get you the ultimate aBUTTing delivery of infrasonics efficiently.

I am asking the owner of Solfar to make this room available to both Dirac and Trinnov as it is probably the most Spatial Room Correction Capable Space in the World due to the sheer number and large diameters of woofers but also the canopy of distribution about the room makes the whole space a low frequency sweet spot. Let's try these systems to the limits here.
z1.JPG

The above setup dabbles a bit with 4 Cardioid ( 2Pi dispersion ignores the back of the speaker) subwoofers in minimizing modal interactions, but because cardioid woofers are the most uncolored nod big on boominess, the best way to extend the forward reach of a cardioid subwoofer is to stack many smallish woofers, the ideal way to do SPATIAL ROOM CORRECTION. In Columns or
MEG+804+COLUMN.png
behind a canopy of fabric (but devoid of paintings) like this look can be exactly recreated instead of with solid fiberglass core, I have a craftsman that will recreate it exactly with 20 inch deep fabric covered acoustical cubicles (This is a Iosaghinni design BTW) So my new rooms will have a very strong double connection to the Carrozzeria Ferrari.
iosa.png
The Large TESTAROSSA Woofers are used primarily by BassEq, all the active room correction is handled by the full range Cardioid speakers again because they are cardioid the DIRAC Active works 30 % less than with a sealed woofer and 50% less than with ported speakers, ported speakers should go just on the ceiling (my research tells me).

Here is my next generation system speaker system

So what does Spatial Room Correction Have to do with Bass Eq?

EVERYTHING if you frontend an Altitude 32 with A storm Evo. The storm handles the Spatial Room Correction element of the bass while the Altitude just Bass Eq and over 1000hz, this frees up about 24 presets to comonize the most frequently used BassEQ curves and recall them automatically apply the curves on the Trinnov.

Raspberry Pi could be loaded with programs that look up the Bass Eq Curves and comonizes into 24 curve options, the apis would look up what movies are playing on K and switch the preset on the Trinnov, this is what my crystal ball tels me will be common in the 22nd century.;)

I am looking for volunteer programmers... a mini dsp is all needed to write the core of the code.

Attachments

• STEEL+TESTAROSSA.png
    STEEL+TESTAROSSA.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
and by the way here is a fantastic way to implement infrasonics with very high efficiency in the single digits and in a fashion you don't need an acoustician as the woofers are positioned just outside of axial nulls, so this is a magnificent invention of mine :D :D if I can say so myself.
Are you talking about a highly efficient means of boosting frequencies in the single-digit-M/Hz range, or did I miss something? (Single-digit efficiencies don't normally mean good things.)

From my experiments with the Rotary sub more gain at 7 hz would have been desirable, placing the speaker under the seat helps that.
A lot of content has info captured by the mike that portrays a hyperrealistic presentation I assume that the ones catalogued by Bass Eq do just that.

Hi Peter.
I’m likely not following you, but if I am, why not just use ezBEQ?
Due to the number of different tracks (I.e.: different filtering on the BR vs HDR versions of a movie,) and the potential difficulty (damage?) from applying the wrong filters for a given movie, full automation seems unlikely.
But, with ezBEQ and a phone or iPad, you can load any available filter in a few seconds as the lights go down.
That’s what we do and it works great.

Hi Peter.
I’m likely not following you, but if I am, why not just use ezBEQ?
Due to the number of different tracks (I.e.: different filtering on the BR vs HDR versions of a movie,) and the potential difficulty (damage?) from applying the wrong filters for a given movie, full automation seems unlikely.
But, with ezBEQ and a phone or iPad, you can load any available filter in a few seconds as the lights go down.
That’s what we do and it works great.
Oh I was not aware of this app. I still think a bridge to kaleidescape is a worthwhile project though.

Absolutely agree.
Having it be dedicated to K content would help to remove some of the potential variability in selecting the correct BEQ.

Last edited:
Back