• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Question from Kaleidescape: What's your Internet speed?

Oakville Ontario Canada
Cogeco cable
250 down 20 up
unlimited -- no cap

80mb down, 20mb up. No caps.
At the office we have 100mb down and 100mb up, fibre straight to our rack. No caps, single contention ratio.

In Atlanta, I am getting up to 29 MB/s down and 6 MB/s up... It is bursty but can consistently get around 20 MB/s down... The cap is 300GB... The service provider is comcast, the only service available where I live... With streaming and various other activities, I usually can download 1-2 Blue Rays in a month without hitting the cap...

Matt

My Internet Speed

300mbps down and 30 mbps up...

Attachments

• Xfinity Speed.jpg
    Xfinity Speed.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 21
100 (closer to 120) MB down, but only 6MB up. Soft cap of 500 GB per month. They are ok if you are somewhat over but I did get a warning call after I first started using the store as I was well over 1TB per month for a few months. Since then I have to carefully watch the GBs!

Wayne

117 Mbps down, 12 Mbps up

I'm not your typical customer when it comes to bandwidth, i have a private 10 Gbps fiber to my home from a private data center with full capacity available. I've always capped out at the 100 Mbps and would love to see the full Gigabit speed of the server made available.

I'm not your typical customer when it comes to bandwidth, i have a private 10 Gbps fiber to my home from a private data center with full capacity available. I've always capped out at the 100 Mbps and would love to see the full Gigabit speed of the server made available.

I want to be you.

--Donnie

I'm not your typical customer when it comes to bandwidth, i have a private 10 Gbps fiber to my home from a private data center with full capacity available.
:eek: Holy crap! Do you cause speedtest.net to explode? That's some seriously monster pipes. Get ready for the envy replies from many of our rural & foreign members here who struggle to get 1-2mbps. ;)

You do end up hitting limitations of the speedtest.net servers, PC network connection (1 Gbps), etc. so 10 Gbps is way overkill at the moment but that will probably change in the next 5 years (ive been in the industry for 20+ years).

Speedtest.net test attached :D

:eek: Holy crap! Do you cause speedtest.net to explode? That's some seriously monster pipes. Get ready for the envy replies from many of our rural & foreign members here who struggle to get 1-2mbps. ;)

Attachments

• speedtest.jpg
    speedtest.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 54

Holy smokes! What sort of Kaleidescape server(s) do you have, out of curiosity?

Wow, those are seriously fat pipes - so fat they need to be called digital aqueducts.

I did the OOKLA speed test on mine and came up with a much less impressive:
177.34 Mb/s download
12.20 Mb/s upload
Ping 28ms

I ran the same test on my office system and saw the depressing numbers:
2.83Mbps download
2.77 Mbps upload
Ping 11ms

Last edited:
Wow, those are seriously fat pipes - so fat they need to be called digital aqueducts.

I did the OOKLA speed test on mine and came up with a much less impressive:
177.34 Mb/s download
12.20 Mb/s upload
Ping 28ms

I ran the same test on my office system and saw the depressing numbers:
2.83Mbps download
2.77 Mbps upload
Ping 11ms

Its not all bad at your office, you have a better ping than dans. :)

Holy smokes! What sort of Kaleidescape server(s) do you have, out of curiosity?

Nothing like some of these other guys here, just a 3U with a few M300's, Vault, and a couple of Altos.

I will most likely add an Encore system to my rack, i use a Leaf 4K HDBaseT system for distribution so it makes it easy to add a component or two.

I'd be happy to beta test a higher speed limit if you'd like!

Crazy dans!

FIOS NY

100 up and down for me. I think you can get 500 mb/s

Back