• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Prioritizing where downloads go

naylorman32

Hi everyone,

I just searched on here and for some reason i couldnt find the answer.

Can someone walk me through how to prioritize where my downloads go? as in, i want to free up space on my Strato for HDR content and use my Alto for more of my bluray downloads.

Thanks.

For example: when i try to re-download a movie, it only give my Strato as the destination option. Am i missing something?

For example: when i try to re-download a movie, it only give my Strato as the destination option. Am i missing something?

Are they separate systems or are they in the same system? If it's the latter then the only way would be turn the Strato off while the download starts, this will force it to go on to the Alto.

Hi everyone,

I just searched on here and for some reason i couldnt find the answer.

Can someone walk me through how to prioritize where my downloads go? as in, i want to free up space on my Strato for HDR content and use my Alto for more of my bluray downloads.

Thanks.

Go into the store and then “Accounts”. Then go to “My Systems”—>”Download Settings” and pick the component you want HD and SD content to go to.

John

John,

Thanks for chiming in. I'm not seeing Download settings in there.

OK, I don’t have an Alto. Maybe it is treated differently. Do you have anything that let’s you pick where HD downloads go? I actually have a paired 3U and Strato and can pick where things go and update this at anytime.

I have also just turned off my Strato in order to get HD titles to go to my 3U server and vice versa.

John

OK, I don’t have an Alto. Maybe it is treated differently. Do you have anything that let’s you pick where HD downloads go? I actually have a paired 3U and Strato and can pick where things go and update this at anytime.

I have also just turned off my Strato in order to get HD titles to go to my 3U server and vice versa.

John

That makes sense, you only get those options with a paired system.

I was told by K that HD downloads will by default go to an Alto in a Strato/Alto combo. No way to tell but was told that..... SJ

Hi folks. Assuming that the Alto and Strato are part of the same system, the system is already doing download prioritization for you. It will preferentially send HD and SD content to the Alto, until it fills up. 4K content goes to the Strato. Once the Alto fills up, then any new HD or SD content goes to the Strato.

Back